Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD***MAGIC VS SPURS...We Lose...98-74

MAN! When will JJ get more minutes?? I don't understand how Bogans start lineup! @___@

Backcourt is bad with only 2 big guys.. need other in the rotation! Ariza have potential, good defense and explosion.. get more minutes to him also... Outlaw and Garrity are pathetics =

Howard, Milic and other for backcourt!

Ariza and turko in SF rotation!

Nelson, Redick and Dooling PG/SG!

I reviewed the previously recorded game and compared with your live comments during it. Not fair from many of you. The same Brian Hill that or this and highly critical of most of our players. This is my take. For being a tired team we kept up with them except our rebounding and our three point shooting. Our PG's specially Jameer did his job although he could not find Howard in the second half. The referres were seeing a different game I was, too many fouls on Howard, Darko, Jameer etc like their defenders were the invisible men. The wings were not existent except for Turk and our Big men were tired and were massacred at the boards because of the poor calling of the refs. I liked JJ's time although he missed quite a few open assists by Carlos. He will find his groove and looke better without the ball against bigger men. This game on a well rested mode could have gone our way, maybe if Ginobili would be playing with casts in both arms! Our guys tried and lets give them some credit!

I agree with a lot of that, I thought the defensive effort was there for most of the game. Here is the problem that we run into time and again, we are a terrible offensive team. When Parker was sitting in foul trouble, we should have been able to go on a run and we didn't. Anytime that Duncan was not on the floor we should have been able to go on a run and didn't.

There are too many times that we waste excellent defensive effort by not putting points on the board on the other end. It's a game of runs, if you don't build some sort of cushion then you will not with-stand an offensive run from the other team.

We can't expect that our defense is going to shut down other teams for entire games. Even the best teams get scored on. Our defense kept us in this game for quite a while, right up til it finally gave out and Ginobili went crazy.

Last nights game shows some of the big problems with the Magic. We hold Parker and Duncan to a relatively quiet night, but there is noone on the Magic to shut down Manu. His athleticism is too much for our perimeter defenders.