Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Royce Reed(Magic Dancer) is hittin Dwight with a paternity suit(link)

quote:

Howard faces paternity suit

Tim Povtak | Sentinel Staff Writer

March 29, 2008

A paternity suit was filed Friday against Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard in Orange County Circuit Court, asking to establish his fatherhood officially and determine child support and other parental responsibilities. The suit was filed by attorneys for Royce Lyndsay Reed, a Central Florida woman whom he already has said gave birth to his son, Braylon Joshua Robert Howard, on Nov. 18, 2007.

When asked about the suit before the game Friday, Howard declined any comment.

According to the suit, Reed is requesting the court award "child support determined by Florida's Child Support Guidelines." Those guidelines normally take into account several factors, including parental income, the child's medical needs and child care.

"Petitioner [Reed] anticipates that an upward adjustment . . . will be required pursuant to a number of reasons. . . . The petitioner also is entitled to good-fortune support for the child," according to the suit.

Anybody surprised?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-mnotes2908mar29,0,5018640.story

quote:

Howard faces paternity suit

Tim Povtak | Sentinel Staff Writer

March 29, 2008

A paternity suit was filed Friday against Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard in Orange County Circuit Court, asking to establish his fatherhood officially and determine child support and other parental responsibilities. The suit was filed by attorneys for Royce Lyndsay Reed, a Central Florida woman whom he already has said gave birth to his son, Braylon Joshua Robert Howard, on Nov. 18, 2007.

When asked about the suit before the game Friday, Howard declined any comment.

According to the suit, Reed is requesting the court award "child support determined by Florida's Child Support Guidelines." Those guidelines normally take into account several factors, including parental income, the child's medical needs and child care.

"Petitioner [Reed] anticipates that an upward adjustment . . . will be required pursuant to a number of reasons. . . . The petitioner also is entitled to good-fortune support for the child," according to the suit.

Anybody surprised?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-mnotes2908mar29,0,5018640.story

Yea, she knew what she was doing when she picked Dwight up...or his valet, easy buck over there :-) But in Dwights defense, i kinda understand him for knocking her up, cause she

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I hope he turns to Nick Ander for advice!

The attorney he used was responsible for establishing a precedent against this good fortune claim. Responsibility is one thing, living large off your baby daddy is another.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I heard this. Maybe something good will come out of hiring Nick to be a puppet for the franchise. Maybe they had to hire Bo to take some of Nick responsibilities because Nick was gonna be needed just for Dwight....lol

I am not sure, but it almost feels like Royce was hoping this would turn into a Jerry Springer type of thing, I may be wrong...but I don't think so!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

I am not sure, but it almost feels like Royce was hoping this would turn into a Jerry Springer type of thing, I may be wrong...but I don't think so!

Let's be fair. She never even leaked her pregnancy or the fact she had Dwight's child & was as equally reluctant to discuss details after the story broke several month after his birth. Her suit is a matter of public record somebody got their hands on and leaked to the press. It's not like her attorney's went to the press or she held a press conference.

If anything, this is a true indication that the press are vultures and their publicizing this matter may have actually spurred this action.