Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

"Yankees, Rays clear benches after pair of incidents"- ESPN

quote:
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays brawled in the second inning of a spring training game Wednesday, an inning after Yankees pitcher Heath Phillips was ejected after hitting Rays prospect Evan Longoria with a pitch.

The escalation of bad blood between division rivals stemmed from a home-plate collision in a spring training game four days ago that injured a Yankees catching prospect and irked Yankees manager Joe Girardi.

In the second inning on Wednesday, Yankees first baseman Shelley Duncan slid hard, spikes high, into Rays second baseman Akinori Iwamura. Duncan was subsequently tackled by Rays right fielder Jonny Gomes, clearing the benches.

No punches appeared to have been thrown as order was restored.

Duncan, Gomes, hitting coach Kevin Long and Yankees third base coach Bobby Meacham were ejected.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2008/news/story?id=3289751

thats right...my beloved Rays finally showin some pride...

dont let the bully beat you up!

(at the same time, i hope theres no suspensions from this...haha)

quote:
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays brawled in the second inning of a spring training game Wednesday, an inning after Yankees pitcher Heath Phillips was ejected after hitting Rays prospect Evan Longoria with a pitch.

The escalation of bad blood between division rivals stemmed from a home-plate collision in a spring training game four days ago that injured a Yankees catching prospect and irked Yankees manager Joe Girardi.

In the second inning on Wednesday, Yankees first baseman Shelley Duncan slid hard, spikes high, into Rays second baseman Akinori Iwamura. Duncan was subsequently tackled by Rays right fielder Jonny Gomes, clearing the benches.

No punches appeared to have been thrown as order was restored.

Duncan, Gomes, hitting coach Kevin Long and Yankees third base coach Bobby Meacham were ejected.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2008/news/story?id=3289751

thats right...my beloved Rays finally showin some pride...

dont let the bully beat you up!

(at the same time, i hope theres no suspensions from this...haha)

Ah yes...I knew that WP would be the first to respond...I think we had this same argument last year.

I don't think baseball sucks...I like baseball on the whole. But I'm in favor of a 100 game season.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Ah yes...I knew that WP would be the first to respond...I think we had this same argument last year.

I don't think baseball sucks...I like baseball on the whole. But I'm in favor of a 100 game season.

Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts!

Heard this bit on ESPN Radio this morning:

During the Congressional hearings, Clemens was asked if he had ever been a vegetarian. He said no. He was then asked if he had ever been a vegan. He said that he didn't know what a "vegan" was.

Wouldn't it have been great if the Senator had said "It's a vegetarian on steriods." Bazing!!

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

heres the pic:

DuncanKickAP2.jpg

i cant wait to see the video of that...

He looks like he is enjoying it.

quote:

Part of what makes baseball great is going out and doing your job for 162 games a year. You can't shorten the season. If you do, every record goes out the books (as if steroids haven't already done that).