Sign in to follow this  
Franchise408

Denton: Now Retired, Hill Didn't Deserve Criticism While With Magic

I never held his injuries against him personally, as much as all the missed games sucked for us Magic fans, not to mention the huge contract.

But what I *do* hold against him is after that huge contract, after he's finally healthy, and he has a chance to pay us back for playing through that cheap contract with us what does he do? Bolts to ring chase with the Suns.

For that reason and that reason alone, screw that guy.

T-Mac.. Penny.. maybe even Shaq, they all deserve better from Magic fans than Grant freggin' Hill.

• Upvote 2

Why should I be loyal as a fan to a player who was not loyal to the team I support??

I can see his reasoning in wanting to play with the Suns simply based on them having the best training staff in the NBA but that doesn't mean I need to support it.

I don't see any reason to boo him but I don't see any reason to applaud him either.

One of the classiest guys to ever suit up. What most of you forget is that we had Otis back then. Wasn't it Otis who never reached out to him on a new contract. Otis practically shut the door on him. Instead of laying back and collecting a paycheck, Grant almost died on the operating table trying to come back. I can't be hating on a person who tried and it just didn't work out. My two cents.

Not to go all Allen Iverson on you guys, but it's booing! We're talking about booing. So what if we boo Grant Hill! Big deal. Players in all sports get booed during pretty much every game. So what! I'm surprised that the Orlando Magic and the media are even bringing this up now. Seriously, whether he deserved to get booed or not almost doesn't even matter. It's booing! Big deal! Did it hurt Grant Hill? How?

Grant Hill gets booed and it is a "darker moment." Grant Hill gets booed and a Magic fan is embarrassed to be a fan.

Please! Get over yourselves.

It's booing! So what.

• Upvote 3

Not to go all Allen Iverson on you guys, but it's booing! We're talking about booing. So what if we boo Grant Hill! Big deal. Players in all sports get booed during pretty much every game. So what! I'm surprised that the Orlando Magic and the media are even bringing this up now. Seriously, whether he deserved to get booed or not almost doesn't even matter. It's booing! Big deal! Did it hurt Grant Hill? How?

Grant Hill gets booed and it is a "darker moment." Grant Hill gets booed and a Magic fan is embarrassed to be a fan.

Please! Get over yourselves.

It's booing! So what.

All of this, and trying to shame us, on the message board...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Where do you think you'll get the LEAST amount of sympathy for your cause? With the most rabid fans. On the message boards.

Seriously.

Grant Hill can go HWNSNBU himself.

• Upvote 1

Some of you guys treat former players here like a jilted lover. Grant Hill didn't owe us anything after his contract was up. He tried his best to get on the court, and it didn't happen for the majority of his stint in Orlando. Oh well. I can't blame him for leaving, especially considering the fact that he remained relatively healthy after his departure. He wanted to win, and wasn't obliged to sign a vet min. deal here to repay some kind of imaginary debt. (Yeah, yeah, the s&t thing, I get it.)

People can boo anyone they desire, but I personally don't ever feel the need to -- unless someone would block my view in the glorious Mary the Dancer days. MMMmmm. Mary. The. Dancer.

And to the person who brought up McGrady: He earned the right to be the biggest baby on the planet when his prime was wasted on arguably the worst supporting cast for a superstar ever.

• Upvote 1

Some of you guys treat former players here like a jilted lover. Grant Hill didn't owe us anything after his contract was up. He tried his best to get on the court, and it didn't happen for the majority of his stint in Orlando. Oh well. I can't blame him for leaving, especially considering the fact that he remained relatively healthy after his departure. He wanted to win, and wasn't obliged to sign a vet min. deal here to repay some kind of imaginary debt. (Yeah, yeah, the s&t thing, I get it.)

People can boo anyone they desire, but I personally don't ever feel the need to -- unless someone would block my view in the glorious Mary the Dancer days. MMMmmm. Mary. The. Dancer.

And to the person who brought up McGrady: He earned the right to be the biggest baby on the planet when his prime was wasted on arguably the worst supporting cast for a superstar ever.

As long as you agree that fans can boo. Because that seems to be the point of the article and of the OP's post: we shouldn't boo Grant Hill. Hill is unboobable (TM forthcoming).

As long as you agree that fans can boo. Because that seems to be the point of the article and of the OP's post: we shouldn't boo Grant Hill. Hill is unboobable (TM forthcoming).

I honestly didn't even read the article. I know Hill just retired, but I doubt Denton added anything to the conversation that hasn't be discussed ad nauseum in Magic fandom. And yeah, booing is an acceptable part of fan participation. No one is off limits as long as it cost money to get in the arena.

One of the classiest guys to ever suit up. What most of you forget is that we had Otis back then. Wasn't it Otis who never reached out to him on a new contract. Otis practically shut the door on him. Instead of laying back and collecting a paycheck, Grant almost died on the operating table trying to come back. I can't be hating on a person who tried and it just didn't work out. My two cents.

These.

And the whole notion that Grant Hill "owed" us to sign a vet minimum deal to stay, yet all these same people criticizing him for not signing were wanting him gone the whole time anyways.

Although I'm the one who brought up McGrady. I don't care how bad his supporting cast was, there was no reason for Tracy McGrady to act the way he did on his way out of town. Especially after the organization gave him everything he wanted and traded him to Houston to play with Yao Ming, and he still kept whining.

Im still trying to figure out what it is Grant Hill did to be known as this "classy" individual? What he didnt ***** about sitting at the end of the bench in a suit collecting bank? Or that he worked his ass of to get back and maybe earn some of the money he stole?

• Upvote 2

Im still trying to figure out what it is Grant Hill did to be known as this "classy" individual?

Won three Sportsmanship awards. That doesn't take into account off court behaviour, hence why Jason Kidd can win an award about ethical behavior despite the fact he beat his ex wife.