Sign in to follow this  
PNuT1423

Memphis get Collins, New Jersey gets Swift.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets acquired Memphis Grizzlies forward Stromile Swift on Monday for center Jason Collins and cash.

The 6-foot-10 Swift is expected to add athleticism to the frontcourt of the Nets, who have lost 10 of their last 12 games. Swift averaged 6.8 points and 3.7 rebounds in seven seasons with Memphis and one with the Houston Rockets.

The former LSU star spent his first five seasons with the Grizzlies. He was traded to Houston before the 2005-06 season and traded back to Memphis last season.

Collins was drafted by Houston in 2001 and traded to the Nets on draft night in a deal for Eddie Griffin that also sent Richard Jefferson to New Jersey. He was a member of the Nets' NBA Finals teams in 2002 and 2003 and has averaged 4.4 points and 4.5 rebounds over seven seasons.

...think we should make a run at rudy gay right now?

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets acquired Memphis Grizzlies forward Stromile Swift on Monday for center Jason Collins and cash.

The 6-foot-10 Swift is expected to add athleticism to the frontcourt of the Nets, who have lost 10 of their last 12 games. Swift averaged 6.8 points and 3.7 rebounds in seven seasons with Memphis and one with the Houston Rockets.

The former LSU star spent his first five seasons with the Grizzlies. He was traded to Houston before the 2005-06 season and traded back to Memphis last season.

Collins was drafted by Houston in 2001 and traded to the Nets on draft night in a deal for Eddie Griffin that also sent Richard Jefferson to New Jersey. He was a member of the Nets' NBA Finals teams in 2002 and 2003 and has averaged 4.4 points and 4.5 rebounds over seven seasons.

...think we should make a run at rudy gay right now?

Now the Cavs or the Heat should go after Mike Miller. But i think the Heat want Artest more and i dont blame them. So that leaves the Cavs going for Mike Miller. Miller will help them huge. Thats all Lebron needs is a passing pg and a spotup shooter. I wanted Mike Miller but he really doesnt bring defense to us.

The Ghost lives in Memphis and some time ago thought we should have gone after Swift. Collins is not much in return for Memphis.

Darko, I would imagine, will be playing power forward in the future and losing weight to be quicker. Should help his game.

If you remember in the alleged NJ proposed trade for Carter, they insisted we take Collins.