Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

The Clippers really did good on that trade. Pick up 2 perfect players for their system.

The Suns, well they have 2 pretty good PGs and Gortat. Not sure what they're doing.

The Bucks, well they've been losing out since they traded for Ellis and Redick. If I was a Bucks fan, I'd riot right now. Their moves lately have made Otis look great.

Something to think about, while we missed out on Bledsoe...the T-Wolves missed out on JJ. Unless they get OJ Mayo or something, they may come calling for Afflalo.

Minnesota just signed Kevin Martin. Maybe OKC will want Afflalo?

New Orlando Magic team rule: Thou shalt not pursue any person(s) related to or associated with Chris Paul. The process drags on , and the wanting party always comes up empty-handed.

Can we also agree not to make anymore "Magic going all in for..." threads? It clearly doesn't have the intended effect.

p.s. DOM did I make proper use of the ellipsis?

• Upvote 1

Can we also agree not to make anymore "Magic going all in for..." threads? It clearly doesn't have the intended effect.

p.s. DOM did I make proper use of the ellipsis?

Agreed.

I don't know, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get Bledsoe. I really feel like he'll be a solid starter (at worst). Poor guy can't catch a break, now he has to compete with Dragic, still. However, like has been said, he can still be a FA next summer, or we can draft someone next year.

My only problem with if we wait is.. what if we happen to get the #1 pick? I sure as hell wouldn't want to pass on Wiggins just to have a PG!

On the other hand, the Clippers made out real good... they're pushing the Thunder for my second favorite team. Chris Paul AND J.J.! I agree that Afflalo would fit that team better, but JJ is definitely an upgrade for them.

More than for the Clippers, I'm obviously thrilled for Redick. Contending team. Long term contract. Good weather and city life. Good for him, I'll still root for him for the rest of his career.. thank goodness it wasn't the Heat, or Celtics, or some other team I hate.

Still wondering what the Magic are going to do at PG.. but Jameer's still solid for another year or two, and we still have Afflalo and Davis for trade pieces later on.

In closing, the Milwaukee Bucks are a joke of Atlanta Hawks proportions. Unreal.

Agreed.

I don't know, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get Bledsoe. I really feel like he'll be a solid starter (at worst). Poor guy can't catch a break, now he has to compete with Dragic, still. However, like has been said, he can still be a FA next summer, or we can draft someone next year.

My only problem with if we wait is.. what if we happen to get the #1 pick? I sure as hell wouldn't want to pass on Wiggins just to have a PG!

On the other hand, the Clippers made out real good... they're pushing the Thunder for my second favorite team. Chris Paul AND J.J.! I agree that Afflalo would fit that team better, but JJ is definitely an upgrade for them.

More than for the Clippers, I'm obviously thrilled for Redick. Contending team. Long term contract. Good weather and city life. Good for him, I'll still root for him for the rest of his career.. thank goodness it wasn't the Heat, or Celtics, or some other team I hate.

Still wondering what the Magic are going to do at PG.. but Jameer's still solid for another year or two, and we still have Afflalo and Davis for trade pieces later on.

In closing, the Milwaukee Bucks are a joke of Atlanta Hawks proportions. Unreal.

I am happy for JJ too, he deserves better and I am glad he is going to a better team that can be a contender for a championship

Affalo for Bucks 2014 first round pick, that would be a nice trade and Bucks need a SG.

That would be incredible, although highly unlikely

2014 Restricted & Unrestricted Free Agent PG'S:

TyShawn Taylor

Avery Bradley

Ramon Sessions

Kemba Walker

Kyrie Irving

Kirk Hinrich

Marquis Teague

Jerryd Bayless

Tony Wroten Jr.

Mario Chalmers

Norris Cole

Andre Miller

Rodney Stuckey

Brandon Knight

Eric Bledsoe

Steve Blake

Chris Duhon

Luke Ridnour

Ricky Rubio

Malcolm Lee

Greivis Vasquez

Reggie Jackson

Tony Parker

Patty Mills

Cory Joseph

Jameer Nelson

Ish Smith

E'Twaun Moore

Jimmer Fredette

Isaiah Thomas

Kendall Marshall

John Wall

Damian Lillard

Other than Tyshawn Taylor, this list is unimpressive.

Other than Tyshawn Taylor, this list is unimpressive.

Did you not see Duhon, Moore and Ish Smith on the list? Must not or you are just plain stupid with regards to the top NBA PG's. :)

Really, though, Irving is unimpressive? Avery Bradley has shown flashes. Then theres John Wall and Lillard. And oh yeah, Parker (Though not sure he has much left in the tank. Not sure about the rest, but some I now are young and likely raw so who knows.

Whats your idea of impressive? Stockton or Magic Johnson?