Sign in to follow this  
davcivic

$2,500 New Car....

If there's some crash tests done and it's deemed safe for the streets, I wouldn't mind. But I would also limo tint the windows sow that no one can see me driving this little thing to work...

and I would have to have some type of muscle car to drive on the weekends so I can feel manly again....Thankfully I do have one powerful car to prove to the world I am a manly man...

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I agree that there are other options. But not a lot of us can't afford a $35,000 uggly looking Hybrid....or a new car as it is....

Have you seen the Smart car, it passes crash tests....

173318938_2e0e8f1052.jpg

it uses plastics and the same engine and transmission as crash protection...the whole cabin is a roll cage and is safe...it has a 3cyl engine(I think) and will give you somewhere around 50mpg but it starts at $14k I think...and tops out right under $20k.

Too small and impractical for $14k....A lot of people can only have one car, and if that one car has to be a smart car, then forget it....too small...I rather buy a Hyundai or Kia for $10k....Now for $3k or $4k, it could be an extra car and a daily driver....

Of course you could find an old Civic hatchback that will give you 40mpg and only cost you $1000 or less...

Does that car come with a ***** magnet standard? Or to I have to upgrade?