Sign in to follow this  
davcivic

$2,500 New Car....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_on_bi_ge/india_ultracheap_car

quote:
NEW DELHI - India's Tata Motors on Thursday unveiled the world's cheapest car, bringing new mobility within the reach of tens of millions of people and nightmares to environmentalists, traffic engineers and safety advocates.

Company Chairman Ratan Tata, introducing the Nano

quote:
NEW DELHI - India's Tata Motors on Thursday unveiled the world's cheapest car, bringing new mobility within the reach of tens of millions of people and nightmares to environmentalists, traffic engineers and safety advocates.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

quote:

That would be a new angle for the candidates for next election...

I heard Obama say- "I promise every american their own Tata to ride daily. Ride it hard, Ride it slow, Ride it as you please. Its your own personal Tata...."

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

That would be a new angle for the candidates for next election...

I heard Obama say- "I promise every american their own Tata to ride daily. Ride it hard, Ride it slow, Ride it as you please. Its your own personal Tata...."

Get together with friends, play with your tatas... enjoy the tatas... tatas in every home in America. Show your tatas proudly. Don't hide your Tatas.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

How is that thing going to pass a crash test? How about more ethanol stations and compatible cars rather than coming up with something I have to wind up in the morning.

You know... my truck is a flex fule vehicle.. i would LOVE to be able to actually get e85 around here somewhere.

I agree that there are other options. But not a lot of us can't afford a $35,000 uggly looking Hybrid....or a new car as it is....

Have you seen the Smart car, it passes crash tests....

173318938_2e0e8f1052.jpg

it uses plastics and the same engine and transmission as crash protection...the whole cabin is a roll cage and is safe...it has a 3cyl engine(I think) and will give you somewhere around 50mpg but it starts at $14k I think...and tops out right under $20k.

Too small and impractical for $14k....A lot of people can only have one car, and if that one car has to be a smart car, then forget it....too small...I rather buy a Hyundai or Kia for $10k....Now for $3k or $4k, it could be an extra car and a daily driver....

Of course you could find an old Civic hatchback that will give you 40mpg and only cost you $1000 or less...