Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

The quick analysis for the rest of the season. Don't worry guys...

Fear not folks. The Magic now currently stand at 28-31. In the remaining 23 games they can lose up to 10 more games and still finish with a .500 record.

We are now heading through the toughest stretch of the season going into Texas, but think about it.....all hope is not lost.

They need to go at least 13-10 to finish the season with a balanced record, and I'm fine with that.

If this team is really what we think they are then they should accomplish this feat without much hesitation. After this upcoming road trip, things begin to lessen up much more. 13-10 is very realistic in my opinion, and I believe that our Magic will either equal or surpass that.

No need to worry, and you also have to take into account that the Heat and Nets must win drastically as well, and they face some HEAVY competition along the way. Nets for example face Dallas, San Antonio, AND Houston in a span of four games!

Let's go Magic! Playoffs are nearly in your grasp!

Fear not folks. The Magic now currently stand at 28-31. In the remaining 23 games they can lose up to 10 more games and still finish with a .500 record.

We are now heading through the toughest stretch of the season going into Texas, but think about it.....all hope is not lost.

They need to go at least 13-10 to finish the season with a balanced record, and I'm fine with that.

If this team is really what we think they are then they should accomplish this feat without much hesitation. After this upcoming road trip, things begin to lessen up much more. 13-10 is very realistic in my opinion, and I believe that our Magic will either equal or surpass that.

No need to worry, and you also have to take into account that the Heat and Nets must win drastically as well, and they face some HEAVY competition along the way. Nets for example face Dallas, San Antonio, AND Houston in a span of four games!

Let's go Magic! Playoffs are nearly in your grasp!

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

Good positive post. We need more of these! I think we can make it. Darko played well 2 games in a row!

Yeah, Darko's been showing more consistency. When we get Tony Back, we'll be set.

After last night's play we are at 28-31. The Nets are 28-30. A half game seperates both teams. We are in 9th place, the Nets are in 8th.

I guess you guys realize by now that Grant Hill got hurt(again). This time it was his ankle. Yep that's right, the same ankle that had so many operations. Look for him to be out for awhile. As soon as anybody hears anything please post it.

I brought that up to say this, we have exactly 23 games left in the season. This was the time last year when we went on our much-talked about 16-6 strech to close the season. When Grant went out for the season.

Could it be deja vu all over again?

Thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

After last night's play we are at 28-31. The Nets are 28-30. A half game seperates both teams. We are in 9th place, the Nets are in 8th.

I guess you guys realize by now that Grant Hill got hurt(again). This time it was his ankle. Yep that's right, the same ankle that had so many operations. Look for him to be out for awhile. As soon as anybody hears anything please post it.

I brought that up to say this, we have exactly 23 games left in the season. This was the time last year when we went on our much-talked about 16-6 strech to close the season. When Grant went out for the season.

Could it be deja vu all over again?

Thoughts?

Lets hope so Junkie, as much as i like Grant, this could be a blessing in disguise!

To compound on things, I think our conference is worse than last year. So if the Magic even plays a fraction of its potential, then it's playoffs for us. Whether getting to the playoffs with a mediocre record is good or not, that I do not know... I guess it'll be a small step for improvement. But yeah it could also mean probably more Coach Hill. All in all though I'm still very optimistic that the Magic can turn it around. Once in the playoffs, season records are worth nothing. It's just a bunch of 7-game series and anything can happen.

Good post! You are so right. We have a cupcake schedule going down the stretch. We will make the playoffs and get some much needed experience for our youngsters. Go Magic!

Should I be happy that many on this board are predicting that we'll limp our way into the playoffs by stinking less than the rest of the marginal teams in this conference? Well, it doesn't matter. I don't share anyone's optimisim that we'll win as many games as are being predicted.

Let's start with our next two, away games against San Antonio and Dallas, in a back to back. Odds are very strong we lose both of those. So then we have 21 games left and we're 5 games under 500. We need to go 13-8 at that point to finish at 500. I look at the schedule; Chicago, Houston, Toronto, NJ, NY, Indiana, Charlotte. These guys are supposed to be push-overs for us? I got news for you; we've lost to all of them, except maybe Chicago.

Guys, no playoffs this year. And if it causes the team to get rid of Brian Hill that would be a big silver lining.