Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

The quick analysis for the rest of the season. Don't worry guys...

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

Should I be happy that many on this board are predicting that we'll limp our way into the playoffs by stinking less than the rest of the marginal teams in this conference? Well, it doesn't matter. I don't share anyone's optimisim that we'll win as many games as are being predicted.

Let's start with our next two, away games against San Antonio and Dallas, in a back to back. Odds are very strong we lose both of those. So then we have 21 games left and we're 5 games under 500. We need to go 13-8 at that point to finish at 500. I look at the schedule; Chicago, Houston, Toronto, NJ, NY, Indiana, Charlotte. These guys are supposed to be push-overs for us? I got news for you; we've lost to all of them, except maybe Chicago.

Guys, no playoffs this year. And if it causes the team to get rid of Brian Hill that would be a big silver lining.

EXACTLY! we don't have a game on this schedule where we can honestly say we are better than the team we are playing. It is what it is. We are a below average team at this point but I do appreciate the positive attitude. it's just hard to believe in this team right now, and I want BHill gone after this year. It won't happen if we make the playoffs.

I think there is definitely need to worry but the schedule maybe the biggest factor. If the Magic play to their potential there is no reason to think they will not make the playoffs. Also the Nets are about to go on a road trip where they play Philly, Dallas, Houston and SA back-to-back, Memphis and NO back to back. They then turn around and play Miami two days later. Miami's schedule is very favorable down the stretch with 16 home games. Probably a reward for winning the title and the NBA trying to get them fresh for the playoffs. I think the Heat are definitely getting in so for now my favorite teams are Magic and who ever is playing the Nets.

quote:
Originally posted by nate dizzy:

Good post! You are so right. We have a cupcake schedule going down the stretch. We will make the playoffs and get some much needed experience for our youngsters. Go Magic!

What scares me is that the Magic can loose to cupcake teams too. Atlanta, Charlotte, etc....

I think GH injury is a good thing becuase it will force BHILL to play other young guys that might give us a spark!

After looking at the rest of our schedule this is the toughest part of our second half season. After this we have a nice stretch of teams that are equally struggling or doing worst. There ar some teams with good records sprinkled in, but most of the teams we "SHOULD" be able to beat.

So im keeping hope alive and going out on a limb and syaing that we will grab the #7 seed in the playoffs.

Adam and BJ, do you fellas sleep? Posting at 4:30 in the morning is true dedication. lol

1 or 2 games over .500 should be good enough to get the last playoff spot and right now I would be great with that. The playoff experience is very important to the players at this stage in their career. If it means that Napoleon keeps his job a little longer I guess I'll have to tolerate that.

It was nice to see a positive thread Thisistheyear. thanks

A question was alluded to, would just making the playoffs be good enough of an improvement this year?

In a word.. yes!

Despite the great finish last season we still only finished 36-46 for the past two seasons. We haven't finished with at least 40 wins since the 02-03 season and the Magic have a great chance to get at least 40 wins, most likely more, especially in the weakest conference ever.

So to me a 42-40 season with a hard fought loss in the first round of the playoffs is a more than decent season. The Howard Era has to start somewhere, right?

Now all that needs to be done is suriviving this weekend onslaught as a Magic fan...

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Why worry ...Be happy

We will make the PLAY-OFFS

and make a little trouble...I BELIEVE

You're right. Why not make this thread a sticky? By the end of the season most of the fans will look back at their concerns and laugh.