Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

Favourite Movies

Ok guys, our random chats have stumbled (back to that beer again!!) on to another topic - the wonderful world of movies! Sooo what are your fave funny films to start?

Lets go Magic inspired me with the classic old school - what a film! But I think the overall hands down winner is Dumb and Dumber! Watched it last night, probably the most watched dvd I ever bought!!

Ok guys, our random chats have stumbled (back to that beer again!!) on to another topic - the wonderful world of movies! Sooo what are your fave funny films to start?

Lets go Magic inspired me with the classic old school - what a film! But I think the overall hands down winner is Dumb and Dumber! Watched it last night, probably the most watched dvd I ever bought!!

My other fave movies (non comedy) are

Man on Fire

Goodfellas

Fight Club

Butterfly Effect

arrrgggh minds gone blank! Will have to get back to you lol!

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

when I first saw Dumb and Dumber I didnt like, the more I watch it the more funnier it gets. with that said.

favorite comedy films are in no particular order:

SpaceBalls, old school, Uncle Buck and I have to throw in Stripes, and National Lampoons Vacations.

Favorite action movies:

Braveheart, Gladiator, FightClub are great films! and Im missing a couple..

Oh man....what a great thread.

All time favorite movie: "Say Anything". Any movie with John Cusack in it, you probably can't go wrong.

Years from now, Braveheart will be known as the movie that started it all. This movie is the perfect movie because it has everything that anyone - man or woman - could want in a movie. In fact, this movie deserves its own thread. Think about it, every big "epic" battle movie that has gory, in your face, battle scenes is compared to Braveheart (Gladiator, King Arthur, Alexander, the Patriot, the Last Samurai, Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, even the LotR movies, owe their gritty nature to the one that started it).

Mel Gibson is a great "guys" actor. Between Braveheart, the Mad Max movies, and the Lethal Weapon movies, this guy has made so many "movies for guys who like movies" type of movies.

Comedies:

I am loving the recent collection of "frat-boy humour" movies with actors like the Wilson brothers (Owen and Luke), Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Steve Carell, and the incomparable Vince Vaughn. You can't go wrong with any of them and they are infinitely quotable. Unfortunately, many of the best quotes would be ruined by the cursing filters on this board.

I have so many favorite movies, I don't know if I could pick one.

Comedy-Spaceballs, Animal House, Office Space, Anchor Man, Bruce Almighty, 3 Amigos, Clerks, Monty Pythons Holy Grail.

Action-T2, Braveheart, Gladiator, All of the Star Wars movies, Tombstone, Karate Kid.

I really enjoy movies that have a lot of unintentional comedy. I may be dating myself but here is my unintentional comedy hall of fame.

Beastmaster

The Last Dragon

Commando

and the greatist of all-Gymkata. I only wish they would make that one on DVD, hilarious!

Two of my favorite quotes:

"I will gladly designate his a$$... for dismemberment!"

Am I the meanest?

Sho'nuff.

Am I the prettiest?

Sho'nuff.

Am I the baddest, mo-fo, low-down, around this town?

Sho'nuff.

Well, who am I?

Sho'nuff.

I can't hear you.

Sho'nuff! The Shogun of Harlem!