Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The Road to the White House

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:
She obviously only stayed married to Bill for her own political benefit.

Obvious, really? How do you know that?

lavell12:

obviously i don't know the Clintons and can't literally prove it, but can you explain why they would stay together.

Since you seem to want to ignore all my questions for you, I'll ask yet again:

obvious, really? How do you know that?

quote:
Osprey: Can you link where you found out that 87% of newspapers supported Gore and Kerry for President. Also, how do you explain the medias butt kissing of President Bush leading up to the war in Iraq?

Those numbers were provided in Goldberg's book, BIAS, I'll look up the exact phrase and his reference for you as soon as I get a chance, in the interest of full disclosure, looking back, I think that 87% included college newspapers as well.

I think its an obvious statement that the deeper into the world of academia you are, the more likely you are to be a liberal, and the deeper you are into the world of buisness, the more likely to be a conservative. I know I am stereotyping but the numbers don't lie.

I think the biggest area of people we need to look at are the soldiers fighting this war, they supported Bush 4-1 over Kerry. Shouldn't they be the ones who's opinion matters most when it comes to security issues? They are the ones with the boots on the ground.

I personally don't think being smart or more educated has anything to do with what your ideology is, Democratic voters included the extremely wealthy as well as the dirt-poor, welfare families, where as the middle class votes more republican.

I think we can all agree that intellectual diversity is missing from the university system.

As far as the media following Bush leading up to the war in Iraq: All but one sitting democrat voted to go to war, so it wasn't like it was Bush was the only one who thought action had to be taken. Now you can argue all day about how the intelligence was flawed, but 13 different agencies including foreign intelligence agencies were included in the final decision to invade Iraq. Nearly the entire House and Senate voted for war, so it wasn't like the media was taking their cues from the White House.

Well if you are talking about the academic world they are more liberal but of generally high educated people they tend to be more conservatives. The corporate conservatives that all the liberals hate, you know the CEOs aren't uneducated and didn't there being stupid.

Lavell12, the fact that you wont answer my questions about Hillary insures that you are just like so many others, who just hate Hillary Clinton for no reason. When asked, you have such a strong opinion that would make it sound like you knew why you felt such a way, but of course, you are just as misguided as everyone else. Perhaps now you will go Google search some reasons to prevent you from sounding like a total tool, but the damage has already been done in my book. I feel sorry for your ill conceived opinions.

For the record, I'm not a big Hillary Clinton fan.

WP what that study shows is that people that go to church and are wealthy are conservative by a great margin. My take is that they want to go to church to ease their guilty minds of all the greed and throatcutting that they have had to do in the business world. Wealthy people are more "conservative" because once they make their money they get more and more possessions and sharing or even taking care of the employees that work for them would cut into their profits and their endless obsession for more possessions.

Conservatives are all about ME and liberals are all about WE.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

WP what that study shows is that people that go to church and are wealthy are conservative by a great margin. My take is that they want to go to church to ease their guilty minds of all the greed and throatcutting that they have had to do in the business world. Wealthy people are more "conservative" because once they make their money they get more and more possessions and sharing or even taking care of the employees that work for them would cut into their profits and their endless obsession for more possessions.

I tried arguing with you reasonably, and you still haven't responded to any of my points, as far as I am concerned, you're a ****ing idiot as demonstrated by the post above.

Just keep thinking everyone is out to get you.

Someone must have really done a number on you one day. God help your wife if you're married, how anyone could put up with that mindless "woe is me" **** all day deserves a **** medal.

You're one angry kid. Get help, seriously.

quote:

ya the Clintons aren't about themselves. That is just too **** simple of a statement to be true that liberals are about WE. Ya your right we are about ME in other words we aren't trying to control others if everyone took care of themselves we would be a lot better off. Ever heard of self responisibility?

Good thing America was founded unlike any other country as a country in which the people are trusted to make their own decesions and the gov't isn't supposted to interfere. so thank god people like you aren't running the country.

by the way nice talking points.

Did I ever say once that the Clintons were liberal people. Hell No. In fact most Democrats are not liberal anymore. We have two parties that in the most part are bought and sold by corporate america. And as far as my wife is considered I have been very happily married for over 24 years. She is the best woman in the world.

If you can not see the way this world is and can not even contemplate that I am right, that you turn to name calling and putting me down, then you fit right in with the Bush's, Clinton's, Cheney's, etc. Keep thinking the way you do and watch as your empire collapses around you.

Every 10 minutes and Iraqi dies. Every 10 hours and American dies in Iraq. Every 10 days 2 Billion dollars is spent in Iraq. When is enough, enough you war mongering holy'r than thou people.

To me this is a two horse race between Hilary and Obama. Edwards is fading fast and nearly out of money.

The Republicans have no chance unless Bush can turn the economy around in 10 months (won't happen). Their party is going to take the blame for this economic mess and Iraq.

I am leaning towards Obama at this point, but as an independent I really have no say in the primaries anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

WP, because Fox News told him so. LOL

I like how everyone thinks FOX News is a conservative mouthpiece because they allow conservative voices on the air.

It seems right wing because the network news stations are so far left, you should read BIAS by Bernhard Goldberg.

Or maybe its the fact that Bill O'Reilly is on the air that makes people so mad.

77% of journalists in a recent media poll identify themselves as liberal compared to 18% that ID themselves as conservatives. The same lopsided stats show in the voting patterns of these journalists.

87% of newspapers supported Gore and Kerry for president.

Shouldn't there be more ideological diversity in our newsrooms?

A prime example of how liberal bias pours over into news coverage was the Dan Rather memogate scandal. The only way that story gets on the air is because someone had an agenda, because any kind of fact-checking would have showed those papers as phony. But no, it went on the air a month before the election.

Yeah FOX NEWS seems right-wing, but only because you've been fed liberal BS from the major networks for the past 50 years.

Name me one segment on FOX News where conservative opinions are presented without an opposing viewpoint? And they never present their opinions as facts.

I think it's a little silly to argue that Fox News isn't conservative. It clearly is. I think I, at one point, read a quote where the founder of Fox news said that that was his intention: to give a conservative voice in the news. There's nothing wrong with that, just as there's nothing wrong with Keith Olbermann's diatribes against Republican policies. The problem stems from the average American being too lazy and too ignorant to recognize bias as bias(on both sides) and try to discern facts from spin.

Rathergate is a good example of a liberal newsman trying to push an agenda. He was punished and lambasted for it. That's fine, and was appropriate. However, Sean Hannity never met a fact he couldn't ignore, misquote, or use to make some nonsensical conclusion that's completely unrelated, and he gets huge ratings.

So really, my problem with Fox News has nothing to do with them being conservative. My problem with Fox News is that they're completely inept at their jobs, and people still watch.

As for Bernie Goldberg, he makes interesting points, but it's really hard for me to take him seriously when he wrote that Barbara Streisand was one of the 100 people destroying America, and had no defense for it when asked about it by Jon Stewart on the Daily Show. And then a month later, he went on Fox News and mocked the Daily Show and the Colbert Report.

Well, that's not fair. He didn't mock them as much as he downplayed them, while getting completely wrong the reason that people like those shows.

Anyways, I'm gonna hop back out of this thread before, ahem, certain people decide I'm either Ayn Rand's love child or Karl Marx's.