Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The Road to the White House

So do you think that as we are in debt to the tune of over 9 trillion dollars, of which most we owe to is communist China; that the "conservatives" running our gov't have done a good job on low taxation and low spending?

Also do you think that the loss of million manufacturing jobs, is a result of taking the reigns off the corporations. In the form of reducing tax burdens and regulations. Or do you think that corporations and stock holders are just trying to maximize profits and thats what it is all about?

I feel as result of trying to max out profit. The powers that be have changed this country already. Our biggest export is now military weapons. We are now a service based economy, not manufacturing. The average CEO in 1980 made 40 times what their average worker made in a year. In 2005 that same CEO makes 360 times their average worker makes in a year. We are second to last of the industrialized nations in infant mortality rate. All these changes have been made with conservatives running the government.

That is why I have a problem with people calling themselves conservative, because it started out a decent belief but has been preverted in a sinister and facist way.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

So do you think that as we are in debt to the tune of over 9 trillion dollars, of which most we owe to is communist China; that the "conservatives" running our gov't have done a good job on low taxation and low spending?

Also do you think that the loss of million manufacturing jobs, is a result of taking the reigns off the corporations. In the form of reducing tax burdens and regulations. Or do you think that corporations and stock holders are just trying to maximize profits and thats what it is all about?

I feel as result of trying to max out profit. The powers that be have changed this country already. Our biggest export is now military weapons. We are now a service based economy, not manufacturing. The average CEO in 1980 made 40 times what their average worker made in a year. In 2005 that same CEO makes 360 times their average worker makes in a year. We are second to last of the industrialized nations in infant mortality rate. All these changes have been made with conservatives running the government.

That is why I have a problem with people calling themselves conservative, because it started out a decent belief but has been preverted in a sinister and facist way.

First of all ofcourse I know we are in debt and just b/c I'm conservative that doesn't mean I support everything the administration does definetly when it isn't something truly conservative. On the issue of losing jobs to overseas the conservative view is right that one of the main reason's is b/c high taxes on corporations. Anyway you also realize that the corporations just turn around a pass that cost down to the consumer so you are really punishing buyers not the corporation itself. They still don't want to pay those taxes for example look at the industry in the state of Michigan its going down the tolet and one of the main reasons is that Michigan has the second highest corporate tax in America, lower it and jobs come back. Simple economics something liberals refuse to understand.

Is she a human being? LOL

No, really she is just a product of our of control media "pushing" as in dealing us another fixed hand in this election. Here is your choice the "conservative" (put your choice here) vs. the "liberal" Hillary, Obama, Edwards.

Neither of which conservatives or liberals are truely that. They ARE corporate puppets doing their bidding. If this is not the case then tell me why since Edwards in the last few months has come out so against corporations greed has his publicity in the corporate media has become almost nonexistent Also tell me the only people in this race who are anywhere close to being TRUE conservatives or liberal, (Paul and Kucinich) are virtually invisible in the corporate media. Even though Paul has gotten more votes then Giuliani in every state. They even changed the rules the day before the Nevada debate to exclude Kucinich. Coincidence, I don't think so. MSNBC and NBC are owned by GE which has a vested interest in the status quo and are one of the biggest ARMS dealer in the world.

The simple economics is that greed corrupts and absolute greed corrupts absolutely. Did you not read the facts of the CEO's are now making a day what it takes their average worker in a YEAR. Is this because they are being taxed too much. Or is it just blatant greed. Is it taxes that have moved our factories to third world countries or is it just blatant greed. Is it taxes on the rich which have been going down steadily since Bush 2 took over, that has kept poor people keep getting poorer and the middle class just keep on shrinking. OR IS IT BLATANT GREED??????????????

quote:

Agree in the fact that under the guise of "conservatism" Republicans have increased spending as bad as the democrats. But there is nothing Fascist about republicans today, regardless of how many times Democrats throw that label around.

There aren't any conservatives out there right now that have the stones to step up and call these huge spending republicans out for abandoning their principles.

I don't like the way the current republican party is set up, but I am a die-hard, constitution-following, big-government hating, libertarian conservative who wants to cut spending immensely and give the power back to the people. 90% of the federal gov't is bought and paid for. The conservative movement has lost many followers because of the massive spending.

However, to call conservatives fascists is extreme.

quote:

The simple economics is that greed corrupts and absolute greed corrupts absolutely. Did you not read the facts of the CEO's are now making a day what it takes their average worker in a YEAR. Is this because they are being taxed too much. Or is it just blatant greed. Is it taxes that have moved our factories to third world countries or is it just blatant greed. Is it taxes on the rich which have been going down steadily since Bush 2 took over, that has kept poor people keep getting poorer and the middle class just keep on shrinking. OR IS IT BLATANT GREED??????????????

Why do people take such issue to people making money? That's capitalism, you know an NBA player probably makes 50 times more than the average fan who watches them.

There is another way, it's called communism, only one problem there. They keep killing all their citizens. I guess if we look past that, communism isn't all bad, except if corrupt governments are what ails you, you may want to avoid it. Greed may corrupt, but so does absolute power. I'll take my chances with greed.

quote:
Greed may corrupt, but so does absolute power. I'll take my chances with greed.

I'll take neither thank you very much. So the opposite of greed is communism. When did greed become the American motto. I thought it was freedom and democracy. I never heard the word greed in our national anthem. The issue is not profit, it is flat out greed. So you think that the CEO has a right to make money. So do I, but not when its at the cost of American jobs. Especially those american workers who made all the money for that CEO.

I am not for communism. I am for sharing the wealth. Not concentrating it in the few, so that others can starve. If you think that is communism then you have already lost your soul. Greed has gotten you and many in this country. Capitalism is killing people in this country, have you ever heard of the Iraq war, what do you think it is about? There were no Iraqi's flying those planes on 9-11. Saddam was not planing an attack on the USA. Money, Oil, and power over both have got many innocent americans killed and close to a million innocent Iraqi's killed. All in the name of Democracy and your almighty capitalism.

But to get back to the point of all of this. How can true democracy happen with out a free and unbiased media. Our media is now all but a very few places bought and sold by seven different MAJOR corporations, that is every newspaper, television news channel, radio news channel. So how does that affect you and me. It is basically directing every news report to show what they want us to see.

Have you seen any of the coffins coming back from Iraq? The answer is no. Have you seen any reports on the abysmal infant death rate in this country? The answer is no. Have you seen any news report on the Hurricane Katrina survivors who have not been allowed back in there homes.?

How many news reports have you seen about Brittany, Tom Cruise, Disneys new theme park or ride. I will suggest to you that these stories are not by mistake. There is a plan by these people who run these news agencies to keep people ignorant.

Why, because ignorant or misinformed people are easily manipulated and diverted. Without this diversion and manipulation, wars, immense deficits, health care, etc. are not nearly as easily done.

So with a media that is so dominated by the few. How can we trust and believe in the candidates that they trot out to us as our new leaders? The answer is you and I can not. Unless you believe that these corporations are looking out for your best interest and are truly unbiased in any way, how can you?

quote:

But to get back to the point of all of this. How can true democracy happen with out a free and unbiased media. Our media is now all but a very few places bought and sold by seven different MAJOR corporations, that is every newspaper, television news channel, radio news channel. So how does that affect you and me. It is basically directing every news report to show what they want us to see.

Have you seen any of the coffins coming back from Iraq? The answer is no. Have you seen any reports on the abysmal infant death rate in this country? The answer is no. Have you seen any news report on the Hurricane Katrina survivors who have not been allowed back in there homes.?

How many news reports have you seen about Brittany, Tom Cruise, Disneys new theme park or ride. I will suggest to you that these stories are not by mistake. There is a plan by these people who run these news agencies to keep people ignorant.

Why, because ignorant or misinformed people are easily manipulated and diverted. Without this diversion and manipulation, wars, immense deficits, health care, etc. are not nearly as easily done.

So with a media that is so dominated by the few. How can we trust and believe in the candidates that they trot out to us as our new leaders? The answer is you and I can not. Unless you believe that these corporations are looking out for your best interest and are truly unbiased in any way, how can you?

Your insane so no reason for me to even respond.