Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The Road to the White House

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I'm of the mind that either this thread should be closed or renamed.

Closed and immediately moved to the HOF.

Sure, there is a lot of sharpness and over-the-top in here, but the participants equally allowed and participated in it, so I never understood the concern over its contents. The only one I know that TRULY went over-the-top was HamsterNelson, and he self-destructed soon after anyway.

Agreed. But now I feel like I should've said something completely ridiculous in this thread.

you know a debbate is good when it gets a little heated. No feelings were hurt, nothing terrible was said.

Truely Hall of Fame material

Should we start talking about Obamas appointees?

How about possible replacements on the Supreme Court?

The important question here is, Will he built a full basketball court and gym in the whitehouse?

I've been watching Obama tapes on youtube playing ball...interesting

It's been several hours since it became official that Barack Obama will become the 44th President of the United States of America, and I have had time to reflect on how I feel about this monumental event.

As many of you know, I voted for John McCain, not because I felt as if he had all the answers, but because I felt he was more capable for the job of Commander in Chief of our country. I am Libertarian on social views (with the exception of abortion) and I believe in the Free Market system that Capitalism employs. I want less government where ever possible, and more power invested in the states.

That all being said, I am not one of the many people who want to get out of the country now that Obama has been elected. I love this country too much to even think of abandoning it when one election doesn't go my way. I find it petty and sophomoric. One man cannot change the bedrock of our society by himself. He can try, but that is the beauty of a Democracy.

Now to the main point of what I am trying to express. I WANT Obama to be the best President this country has ever had. From the bottom of my heart I do. Do I think he will? Honestly, no, but that leaves room for me to be pleasantly surprised. I don't know enough about the man to know what he will be like once in office. No one does. He has rode into the White House on a wave of charisma, buzzwords, and smooth rhetoric. He won the election, he won it convincingly, and I applaud him for that because I know the nature of today's politics. And contrary to popular belief, I HOPE (sound familiar?) that every policy he implements is a roaring success, unlike many of my contemporaries and those across the aisle that prayed Bush would screw up at every turn so they could roast him for it, blaming him for things that any educated person should know he has no control over. I do not wish for chaos, riots, economic downfall, war, failure, etc while Obama is in office. I hope those of you with differing views can take my example and do the same when the other party inevitably gets elected in the next few election cycles.

Do I disagree with Obama on most of his stances? You bet I do. Are there some I agree with? Absolutely. Will I fight for this country should my services by needed? Without question.

There are many of you that think Barack Obama is what this country needs, and you hope he is the answer to what ails us. I too will hope and pray that he helps this country, but I am going to need more convincing than the rest of you. However, my mind is open, which is more than can be said about most people who voted in this election, for either side.

Thanks to any and all who read this, God Bless, God Bless America, and God Bless President-Elect Barack Obama. I'll be praying for you.