Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The Road to the White House

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

So Hillary takes New Hampshire then, considering the polls had Obama as favorite she did very well.

This is starting to become one of the most exciting Democratic races ever.

By the way, I changed the thread title!

I was wondering what the hell happened.

I am actually hoping Hillary wins the nomination, because she will be trounced by whoever the Republicans send out there.

GO HILLARY-DEAN 2008!

I respectfully disagree on that point, if she gets in she will have a real good chance of winning

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

So Hillary takes New Hampshire then, considering the polls had Obama as favorite she did very well.

This is starting to become one of the most exciting Democratic races ever.

By the way, I changed the thread title!

I was wondering what the hell happened.

I am actually hoping Hillary wins the nomination, because she will be trounced by whoever the Republicans send out there.

GO HILLARY-DEAN 2008!

I respectfully disagree on that point, if she gets in she will have a real good chance of winning

Curious, what makes you think that?

I would think Hillary has the advantage over a tool like Rudy. Id give her the nod over Romney and Huck too. McCain might be able to beat her, but once we get into a true battle, I just don't see McCain as having the legs to take on the Clinton machine. Everyone talks about how much everyone hates Clinton, but remember, all she has to do is win the states that stiff Kerry won in 04 and Florida and/or Ohio and she is the next president.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

I would think Hillary has the advantage over a tool like Rudy. Id give her the nod over Romney and Huck too. McCain might be able to beat her, but once we get into a true battle, I just don't see McCain as having the legs to take on the Clinton machine. Everyone talks about how much everyone hates Clinton, but remember, all she has to do is win the states that stiff Kerry won in 04 and Florida and/or Ohio and she is the next president.

The ONLY 2 reasons Billary could beat anybody in a presidential election is:

1) W fallout

2) McCain & Rudy have very little support from the Republican establishment/base. Either would own independents vs. Billary, but both will have serious issues rallying the Republican base to support their candidacy & turn out. Against a political structure that drives the unemployed & union workers to the polls on election day, voter turn out will be a big issue for Republicans in this election with either Rudy or McCain as the candidate.

Personally, I don't like any of them. I would just like to see Omaba & Huckabee stop talking about paper corps in the Caymans! LOL

Fred Thompson kicked *** in the debate tonight. That's my dream candidate out of those available.

I would love a Thompson-Romney Ticket or a Thompson-any other. Maybe a Thompson-Norris?

One thing we could look forward to if Huckabee were to be elected is Chuck Norris as Secretary of Defense. Awesome.

Why don't we go back to the old days where we had a President of one party and a VP of the other?

What about a Thompson-Obama ticket? I would vote for that.

quote:

Fred Thompson kicked *** in the debate tonight. That's my dream candidate out of those available.

I would love a Thompson-Romney Ticket or a Thompson-any other. Maybe a Thompson-Norris?

One thing we could look forward to if Huckabee were to be elected is Chuck Norris as Secretary of Defense. Awesome.

Why don't we go back to the old days where we had a President of one party and a VP of the other?

What about a Thompson-Obama ticket? I would vote for that.

I actually don't mind Rudy, but his campaign is a mess. Yes, security is an issue, but Americans don't want to hear about it. Campaign on the domestic issues and take care of the security issues when you get elected. And, I really don't understand the strategy of forfieting Iowa & NH before you jump in the race???

I respect McCain, but he's a little unstable. The fact he undermined his own party in a fit of jealosy speaks volumes about what power would do for him IMO.

I like Thompson. He's probably the most grounded and principled of the group.

Huckabee & Romney are a lot like Obama, style over substance. I think they would get eaten alive in a national campaign. 3 televised debates between Obama and Huckabee would be tragic. Both give great speaches, but trip all over the issues.

quote:
I actually don't mind Rudy, but his campaign is a mess. Yes, security is an issue, but Americans don't want to hear about it.

Americans do care about security issues, they just don't want to hear it the way Rudy is telling it. They are tired of all his 9/11 bull**** and want it told the way it is, not with all this emotional baggage he is trying to tap into.

As a bleeding heart liberal, I would be extremely excited with a Romney win. His religious differences will keep the evangelical vote away from the polls, and going up against someone like Obama will make him look even more like a tool.

As for the Dems, I was on the fence until several weeks ago, when I finally decided it was time to get some fresh blood in there. Hillary is very very smart and would make a good President, she is just too polarizing. As I have mentioned before, two terms of Hillary would give us 28 years where the White House has been controlled by two families. Scary.

I do align myself with the politics of Obama (yes, I am a tax and spend Democrat, but it's better than a don't tax but still spend Republican), but that is not the main reason why I support him. He offers hope and brings a promising message to both domestic and foreign issues, and has what it takes to bring the most out of Americans, i.e. "Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!" Much like Huckabee, he promises to bring both Democrats and Republicans to the table to actually tackle the problems of today. That can't go without mentioning that GW said the same thing in 2000...

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

What do you guys think of this?

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Huckabee_Amend_Constituti..._meet_Gods_0115.html

Crazy? Yes.

Main reason why I don't want Huckabee to run for president. He is polarizing as well. And while I agree with his Christian views, I don't want someone imposing morality in the government. That is for parents and churches to provide.

I am a strict libertarian when it comes to government interference in our daily lives. I oppose abortion on the grounds that it was decided by the courts as opposed to states holding a vote. You know, voting? What our nation was founded on? I don't believe in teaching Intelligent Design in schools, but I also don't believe in teaching DARWIN'S Theory of Evolution. Evolution is true and proven by science, but not the way Darwin proposed it, by mutation and natural selection. I think the main reason Evangelicals try to push ID on schools is because of the intense pressure to teach Darwin's theory as gospel truth. (Spun off topic there for a sec)

Anyway, Huckabee is a great guy, but I want a more libertarian conservative as opposed to an evangelical one.

BTW Romney just won Michigan, huge win for him.

I still think the evangelical republicans will vote for Romney, especially if Hillary is running, just to defeat her.