Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The Road to the White House

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Did you see Obama's speech?

It stood in stark contrast with Billary's. Her's was devisive, messageless, dull, manufactored, and smacked of her sense of entitlement.

I thought he was very smart to put himself above the primaries and present himself as a Presidential candidate and he would be well served to have attack dog Edwards stay in the race as long as possible.

Don't confuse admiration of his campaign with support of his views, but I welcome anybody who can keep Billary out of the White House. She epitomizes everything wrong with politics today.

I have a bit more faith in Dems today for their refusal to support her play for personal power. As one pundit stated, it's not that she only received 29% and finished 3rd, it's that 71% of DEMS voted against her at her coronation.

Obama definetly has the RFK charisma thing going, and while I don't support his views WHATSOEVER, he is taking a high road in the primaries.

The experts are still projecting a Hillary-Guiliani/McCain election though, heard that on FOX and CNN today.

Hillary is the complete opposite of what this country needs, she is duplicitous, manipulative and is in a constant political manuever.

As a side note, I think selecting a VP running mate from the State of Florida might win the election this year. We are the only true swing state of any electoral signifigance.

Maybe a Romney/Crist ticket or Edwards/Graham?

I'm not a US citizen, so there is my outside view

after Bush fiasco I really hope that any democrat candidate will win,

about names, I don't like Hillary (Bill was a good president, but in my opinion Hillary is only a puppet),

so for me its Obama or Edwards, and my sympathy goes to Obama (I don't know much about Edwards)

Being a Republican and possibly the only Bush supporter left I was glad that Obama won and that the "witch" finished third. On the GOP side I don't want Huckabee b/c he would get destroyed in the general election. I really wanted Romney so he could win Iowa and NH and seal up the election that way the GOP would have a candidate that it could rally behind for the long run.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Being a Republican and possibly the only Bush supporter left I was glad that Obama won and that the "witch" finished third. On the GOP side I don't want Huckabee b/c he would get destroyed in the general election. I really wanted Romney so he could win Iowa and NH and seal up the election that way the GOP would have a candidate that it could rally behind for the long run.

I agree with your post 110%.

Huckabee will be destroyed in a general election.

I honestly think Ron Paul will pull a Ross Perot this year and the Democrats will win on a plurality.

quote:
Maybe a Romney/Crist ticket or Edwards/Graham?

I don't see Crist being in the running... He is gay, which is cool by me. Apparently, the Orlando Sentinel had the story but choose not to run it before the gubernatorial election last year. I'm afraid it will get out if he were up for VP. It's a shame, but it will ruin the election. I like Crist.

Graham doesn't want it. He is too busy these days with the Graham Center at UF and is still pulling his weight around Tallahassee (civics on the FCAT, etc). Let's just say, the guy finally renewed his drivers license recently after not having one for over 18 years. Bob Graham is one of the greatest Floridians of all time.

I wish Jeb would run but b/c W is so unpopular he would have no chance. I know Romney is Jeb's best friend so he would love to put him on the ticket but it won't happen.

As someone who identifies himself as a clear liberal, and sees no reason to feel shame with that label, I can't be more thrilled that Hillary is getting trounced. She's avoided the flip-flopper label that plagued John Kerry strictly by never giving a clear answer to any question ever, and could be summarized as someone who has all of Bill's weaknesses, but none of his charm, charisma, or even the personal dignity that, love him or hate him, made him an effective emissary to foreign governments.

While Obama was my second choice behind Edwards in terms of the democratic nomination, I'd much rather vote for either of them, than have to vote for Huckabee or Romney strictly because Hillary was worse. That'd have been the political equivalent of gutting your leg off because of a spider bite.

So Hillary takes New Hampshire then, considering the polls had Obama as favorite she did very well.

This is starting to become one of the most exciting Democratic races ever.

By the way, I changed the thread title!

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

So Hillary takes New Hampshire then, considering the polls had Obama as favorite she did very well.

This is starting to become one of the most exciting Democratic races ever.

By the way, I changed the thread title!

I was wondering what the hell happened.

I am actually hoping Hillary wins the nomination, because she will be trounced by whoever the Republicans send out there.

GO HILLARY-DEAN 2008!