Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

REPORT: Orl Will Likely Choose Between Burke and McLemore

For some reason I think Oladipo's stock is going to rise over the next month and we're going to end up taking him at #2. If you think about it, Oladipo shouldn't be looked at as less of a prospect than McLemore.

These are my opinions on what Oladipo and McLemore bring to the NBA as far as who's better in the catagory.

Shooting ability = McLemore

Defense = Oladipo

Athleticism = Equal

Handles = Oladipo

Penetration = Oladipo

I think Oladipo has better upside than McLemore but Ben is better right now. I feel Oladipo has a work ethic and defensive presence that Hennigan is looking for. Sure his shooting needs work but that will change because he has the will to get better. We saw how much Harkless' defense helped him get on the court early and how much his offense improved as the season went on. Just my thoughts

For some reason I think Oladipo's stock is going to rise over the next month and we're going to end up taking him at #2. If you think about it, Oladipo shouldn't be looked at as less of a prospect than McLemore.

These are my opinions on what Oladipo and McLemore bring to the NBA as far as who's better in the catagory.

Shooting ability = McLemore

Defense = Oladipo

Athleticism = Equal

Handles = Oladipo

Penetration = Oladipo

I think Oladipo has better upside than McLemore but Ben is better right now. I feel Oladipo has a work ethic and defensive presence that Hennigan is looking for. Sure his shooting needs work but that will change because he has the will to get better. We saw how much Harkless' defense helped him get on the court early and how much his offense improved as the season went on. Just my thoughts

Oladipo is far closer to his ceiling than Ben. I'm not saying McLemore will realize that potential or that I want him over Oladipo, but he absolutely has more upside.

The NBA is a point guard driven league these days, a pg with the talent that Burke has would be a mistake to pass up, the magic arent winning rings next year, its time to plan for the next 1-3 years and I think Burke would fit right in. Maybe let Jameer mentor him up a little bit.

The NBA is a point guard driven league these days, a pg with the talent that Burke has would be a mistake to pass up, the magic arent winning rings next year, its time to plan for the next 1-3 years and I think Burke would fit right in. Maybe let Jameer mentor him up a little bit.

As far as Im concerned Jameer should IMMEDIATELY be the back up point guard. Let Burke start day one and let Jameer be what he should have been the last 2-3 years which is a backup that gets 15-20 minutes per game. This does a lot...gets Burke playing time, helps us lose a few more games for Wiggins, keeps Jameer healthy and fresher for his limited minutes. Assuming we go Burke.

If the nba is such a pg driven league what makes you think is the guy? Because to me that means there are a lot of good pg's currently in the league which would make Burke just another guy.

• Upvote 1

If the nba is such a pg driven league what makes you think is the guy? Because to me that means there are a lot of good pg's currently in the league which would make Burke just another guy.

It's like when they say the NFL is a QB driven league. Without a good QB, your team is most likely not going anywhere. If you believe the NBA is a PG driven league, you're going to need a good PG to get somewhere. Whether it is or isn't a PG driven league is up for discussion. What he's saying is if you believe Burke is a good PG, you'd be dumb to pass on him IF you believe the NBA is a PG driven league especially considering the Magic's lack of talent at the PG position.

• Upvote 2

NBA is a team driven league. Find the weakness of every other team and exploit it. With good work ethic, lack of injuries, and other details, a team can win the ship.

NBA is a team driven league. Find the weakness of every other team and exploit it. With good work ethic, lack of injuries, and other details, a team can win the ship.

The NBA is marketed as a team driven league, yet every championship team has one high profile player that leads them to the promise land. Its neccessary to have great players to win championships. The NBA also might be full of great pgs but all the great pgs are locked up or looking to get big paydays, you have to start somewhere. The Magics biggest weakness in the Dwight Howards era was a lack of a go to scorer, Trey Burke has the skill set to be a go to kind of player.

The NBA is marketed as a team driven league, yet every championship team has one high profile player that leads them to the promise land. Its neccessary to have great players to win championships. The NBA also might be full of great pgs but all the great pgs are locked up or looking to get big paydays, you have to start somewhere. The Magics biggest weakness in the Dwight Howards era was a lack of a go to scorer, Trey Burke has the skill set to be a go to kind of player.

I agree with this statement.

I never said you don't need a great player.