Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

REPORT: Orl Will Likely Choose Between Burke and McLemore

There's no reason to smokescreen, all three guys will be there at 2

Which is exactly why you smoke screen. A team doesnt know who you will pick so they have to pay your price to trade or risk losing that player to us at #2. As far as Henny is concerned I bet everyone is our favorite pick and you better pay the piper for our pick or he is surely gone. Id love to move down 3 or 4 spots and snag the same player and at the same time jettison some of our leftover Otis baggage....

You know, Jameer wasn't considered particularly fast and he definately wasn't big but he was considered a leader and a winner. I think that pick worked out pretty well for us. I have serious concerns about a guy that seems to shy away from competition regardless of how high he jumps or how well he shoots. I would rather see Mo get time to develop at the 2. I also tend to think it is easier to find a serviceable shooter via FA than it would be to try an pry away a starting PG from some other team.

Agreed. And right now Nelson has been banged up the past few years, with Beno possibly on the way out.. we really dont have a backup PG either. Looking down the roster, the PG position is a top priority because of the above two factors.

If people think that drafting Smart was a no brainer (like me), then why would drafting Burke be an issue? Some might want to say that Smart is better, but I would be quick to call them out for the proper stats and accomplishments to support that statement. Burke has proven to be clutch, where others have not.

If people think that drafting Smart was a no brainer (like me), then why would drafting Burke be an issue? Some might want to say that Smart is better, but I would be quick to call them out for the proper stats and accomplishments to support that statement. Burke has proven to be clutch, where others have not.

Because players games project differently in college from the NBA. For me Smart was a no brainer, and Burke I'm not sure about because stats and accomplishment's mean very little in college when coming into the NBA.

An example would be the OKC Thunder drafting Russell Westbrook in 08. They drafted Westbrook who had averaged 12 PPG and 4 APG. By your logic, if Westbrook had stayed in school they should have drafted DJ Augustin instead (who averaged 19PPG and 5.8 APG on his way to winning the Bob Cousy Award and being named an All American) as he was the next PG off the board in that draft.

In this situation Augustin had the better collegiate career but went on to be a middling NBA rotation player while Westbrook is an All-Star who's been to the NBA Finals.

Had Westbrook stayed in school and the Thunder drafted Augustin they would have passed on Kevin Love, Eric Gordon and Danilo Galinari.

Because players games project differently in college from the NBA. For me Smart was a no brainer, and Burke I'm not sure about because stats and accomplishment's mean very little in college when coming into the NBA.

An example would be the OKC Thunder drafting Russell Westbrook in 08. They drafted Westbrook who had averaged 12 PPG and 4 APG. By your logic, if Westbrook had stayed in school they should have drafted DJ Augustin instead (who averaged 19PPG and 5.8 APG on his way to winning the Bob Cousy Award and being named an All American) as he was the next PG off the board in that draft.

In this situation Augustin had the better collegiate career but went on to be a middling NBA rotation player while Westbrook is an All-Star who's been to the NBA Finals.

Had Westbrook stayed in school and the Thunder drafted Augustin they would have passed on Kevin Love, Eric Gordon and Danilo Galinari.

I too liked smart but even than I felt that burke had and has the best pg skills in the draft. Burke will be better than nelson and I feel that Nelson has been great for us despite the hate he gets. I would have taken smart over burke in this draft mostly for the defense and size, but when burke measured at 6'1 6.5.5 ws it changed my ideas of him.

Smart had more upside but burke is ready now and has the work ethic to improve. The fact that burke is great in pick and roll and has alot of nba ready skills (passing, nba range, step back, floater, keeping players on the hip off pick and rolls, and surprisingly finishing after contact), I see him doing extremely well at the next level.

I remember atl taking marvin williams over chris paul and d. williams, they never recovered from that mistake. They went with what they thought was BPA.

I can't Jameer he a bum!!! Bring back Arroyo!!!

Jameer could have been good but he quit pushing himself and got complacent.

Burke is not that kind of guy! He's a fighter, he never settles no matter the scoreboard. He's got a killer instinct

Mike?

I can't Jameer he a bum!!! Bring back Arroyo!!!

Jameer could have been good but he quit pushing himself and got complacent.

Burke is not that kind of guy! He's a fighter, he never settles no matter the scoreboard. He's got a killer instinct

I completely disagree. I think Jameer never became the passer he could have been, but that was never his forte. If anything, he never reached his potential because he was too afraid of being seen as a ball-hog and passed too much at points. From what I remember, Jameer almost ALWAYS pulled through in the fourth for us in his decisions and hitting the big shots. The only real knock he had was his size, pushing 6'0" if that, which made him a liability on defense as he didn't have elite speed like a Mike Conley.

Arroyo was a better passer... that's about it. Shot, decision making, leadership, and hell, even defense went to Jameer.

I completely disagree. I think Jameer never became the passer he could have been, but that was never his forte. If anything, he never reached his potential because he was too afraid of being seen as a ball-hog and passed too much at points. From what I remember, Jameer almost ALWAYS pulled through in the fourth for us in his decisions and hitting the big shots. The only real knock he had was his size, pushing 6'0" if that, which made him a liability on defense as he didn't have elite speed like a Mike Conley.

Arroyo was a better passer... that's about it. Shot, decision making, leadership, and hell, even defense went to Jameer.

The Arroyo thing was a joke of the board say 3 years ago..

As for Jameer I say we agree to disagree, he had potienal to be good and in certain moments he was fantastic and the he stopped motivating himself and became slow and boring. I do agree that he was never a true point guard. He should have never tried to become one he stinks