Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Videos

Let's see if this works...

<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6EHymC25RM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Rock, for some reason, when viewing the source, instead of "<object" at the beginning of the youtube code, it is replacing the "<" with "& lt;"

I'm sure that's the reason it's not working for us.

You have to make sure your HTML tags surround your entire post, from top to bottom. So any copy you want included in the post must be inside the HTML tags. Try that on the above post.

Alright... I'll try again. This is exactly how I did it. I hit reply and put the html begin tag on the first line, then entered down a few lines and typed this. When I am done tying this I will enter down a few more lines, paste the youtube code, ender down a few more lines, and type in the html close tab... Then post. Let's see:

You did everything right. I simply opened the above post and then hit "Post Now" and the video came up.

I'll keep exploring, but I seem to be running out of options.

Okay, this is officially a no-go.

Eve told me that they "block all objects that could be considered security threats - including embed tags, objects, javascript, etc. The fact that admins and moderators can embed at all is more of a loophole or a lesser-known feature."

<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp__vGs3fa8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">