Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

The "This Thread is So Merking Cool" Thread

quote:
Originally posted by REDLION#22:

Im back people!!! Whoa im glad to see the number of silly pics per day has been reduced??? and whats up with the weak mods around here??? can they win an argument the traditional way?? if they need to use their mod.power over an opponent's posts then that means they are probably weak.icon_wink.gif

We post silly pics because we don't want to bombard you with "negative facts". You should thank Marc for editing your posts. It was much more entertaining (not to mention spelled correctly) than the nonsense you posted.

BTW, if you insist on using that idiotic line at the bottom of every post at least spell it correctly so you don't look like an even bigger moron. f-r-e-q-u-e-n-t-l-y. As in..."Redlion frequently posts complete nonsense."

quote:

Im back people!!! Whoa im glad to see the number of silly pics per day has been reduced??? and whats up with the weak mods around here??? can they win an argument the traditional way?? if they need to use their mod.power over an opponent's posts then that means they are probably weak.icon_wink.gif

I was actually hoping this kid was coming back... I would LVOE to see thsi thread hit the 100 page mark. I got the feeling it was going to be shut down soon, but if redlion keeeps coming back I think the mods will leave it open for a little longer.

Thanks Red!

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I was actually hoping this kid was coming back... I would LVOE to see thsi thread hit the 100 page mark. I got the feeling it was going to be shut down soon, but if redlion keeeps coming back I think the mods will leave it open for a little longer.

Thanks Red!

I think as long as this thread still has juice, and the Cowardly Lion keeps appearing, we will leave it open. Having said that...Echo, I doubt it will make it to 100 pages.

I also want to point out that Lion and "Red's #1 Fan" are both in the 17-18 year old range. There is nothing wrong with that, but they seem to crow about their NBA knowledge when, at best, it is 7-8 years old. Meanwhile, we have a couple of members that same age, RichNBA and Fendi, who would blow the doors off many older people, when it comes to NBA knowledge. I'd love to see a RichNBA/Fendi vs. Lion/Red's#1 NBA trivia face-off.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

Thanks Red!

I think as long as this thread still has juice, and the Cowardly Lion keeps appearing, we will leave it open. Having said that...Echo, I doubt it will make it to 100 pages.

I also want to point out that Lion and "Red's #1 Fan" are both in the 17-18 year old range. There is nothing wrong with that, but they seem to crow about their NBA knowledge when, at best, it is 7-8 years old. Meanwhile, we have a couple of members that same age, RichNBA and Fendi, who would blow the doors off many older people, when it comes to NBA knowledge. I'd love to see a RichNBA/Fendi vs. Lion/Red's#1 NBA trivia face-off.

I'm 22, and I recently had a conversation with a middle aged friend of mine, and I commented that it's sometimes frustrating for me to listen to discussions about players who were all time greats who had suffered massive deteriorations to their game by the time I was old enough to be cognizant of basketball. I remember Moses Malone as a backup for the Bullets who played 5 minutes a game and moved like glaciers melting. I remember Robert Parish as being Boston's equivalent of Tree Rollins. I remember Bird as the injuries took their toll. I remember Kareem only at the very end, when he had nothing left in the tank.

It makes it hard to put perspective on past greats, because I never got to see them play, beyond just highlights. I don't know if that makes sense or not.

It makes complete and total sense. It's the same for me and George Gervin, Pete Maravich, Wes Unseld, Jamaal Wilkes, Earl Monroe (pretty much all the old-time Knicks) and any of the other stars from the 70's.

Apparently, Bob McAdoo was some awesome scorer from the 70s, but to me, he was the "old guy" on the early 80s Lakers. My generation grew up with Bird, Magic, Kareem, and Dr. J....by that time, all the greats from the 70's were deteriorating.

quote:

quote:

Thanks Red!

The venues thread didn't even make it to 100 pages. I think blowing away the Wool thread is surely impressive enough on its own right.

just watching the flaming match between h&s and redkitty at their boards and i found this gem:

red kitty-"thanks,but nah i dont mind what they think,this is simply a matter of getting at least some little attention,i mean EVERY HUMAN BEING NEEDS IT.not just me.and listen to the words i said "everyone needs at least some little attention".I would love to be the center of attention RedLion from the 06 summer but i cant be THAT egocentric,it just seems like the boar took a sharp turn to simply be a 100% ignoring RedLion during the last months of 06my task became from being even more famous,to simply getting some attention,to "do people even know i exist here?",to "oh hell do i have someone who likes me here".humas are a social species,i mean i aint gonna keep posting acting like i do have some passion left in my tank knowing that preety much the whole board is ignoring me.Im currently not mad at all(at that time i was),just dissapointed,i simply cant find anything that can light up a fire inside me that coud turn me back pulling new tricks of my sleeve to make the boar love me again.but i guess it just cant happen.after all this is the miami heat board,this aint the RedLion board.its tough to hear that from myself but its the truth

http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9500024303/m/1910007274/p/2

LOLZ, red kitty just wants some attention. want a belly rub?icon_wink.gif ROFL

maybe hes just playing the "i am too retarded ill just ignore all facts and dismiss them as negative facts and im not having them" so that the kitty can have his ears tickled. man oh man.

this is the 1st time i have seen this feline being honest.

and i dont want this thread closed ever. so much amusement in here

Yup i wrote that.and im glad i did it.It made the board appreciate me even more.icon_wink.gifYou will notice the responses from fellow heat fans not named H&S(Wich is more of a heat hater,rather than a heat fan).

quote:

Yup i wrote that.and im glad i did it.It made the board appreciate me even more.icon_wink.gifYou will notice the responses from fellow heat fans not named H&S(Wich is more of a heat hater,rather than a heat fan).

You are the biggest loser I've ever seen. Anyone that desperate for the attention of people that he has never actually met is in desperate need of a social life.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

I think Athena is like 23, I am 29.

we are the same age. i turn 30 in february. you?

the picture of me in the wool thread is from last year.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

no shame, huh....ok....

Wow... I just read through it as well, kind of scary. Poor Athena, she handled it well though.

there was a point where i could have taken it further, but there was no point, so i think my silence after a certain point was a good option.

i can tell you, i received some pm's from board members expressing their support in the situation.

the sickening part was how his fiancee already knew of the thread and she was having a blast from it!....and these ppl are going to spawn? god save us!

quote:
Originally posted by athena:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

no shame, huh....ok....

Wow... I just read through it as well, kind of scary. Poor Athena, she handled it well though.

there was a point where i could have taken it further, but there was no point, so i think my silence after a certain point was a good option.

i can tell you, i received some pm's from board members expressing their support in the situation.

the sickening part was how his fiancee already knew of the thread and she was having a blast from it!....and these ppl are going to spawn? god save us!

Well, just because he says that doesn't make it true... assuming he even has a fiancee to begin with... good for you for remembering that sometimes, silence is golden.