Sign in to follow this  
MagicFan12

JJ Redick

If I were JJ I would go to the media and start talkin crap about Hill and Otis but JJ isn't that type of guy. He has more class then Hill and JJ. As for the defensive thing, Players play much more D at Duke then in the NBA.

First post, and I'm happy to do so in the JJ Redick section. I'm literally appalled at how little JJ is utilized. I understand that he's the "typical white boy from Duke", but c'mon. If he was given the chance, he'd be shining for the Magic. I don't think he needs to be granted a starting position, but a few minutes (15-20) would allow him to be productive. I find it a shame that he was never given a chance in the beginning due to injury (which is BS), and when he was given the chance, he shined, only to be put back on the bench. Besides, the guys in front of him aren't producing big numbers, so I don't understand. I know it's a moot point, as this board is littered with how ridiculous the coach is, lack of PT, etc. However, I had to voice my opinion.

I saw him in Chicago and the kid looked miserable. During warm ups, pregame etc., he wasn't his typical self. Besides, what's up with having him SPRINT several (8-10) down and backs BEFORE the warm ups? Yes, a coach was making him go down and back, down and back. One thing, MAYBE, if he was going to be in a suit, but he had a chance of getting in the game. That had me appalled for him. He has to want to go off on the coaching staff/management, but as was previously stated, he is a classy guy and knows how to handle himself. I respect that.

OK, now that I've gone off on my JJ Redick thoughts, please carry on.

During halftime, I usually go into the tunnel that the Magic come out of to get something to eat. I usually come out a little bit after the game has already started. From here on out, I'm going to start yelling "PUT IN JJ" when I walk past the bench. When he sits on the end, I could probably talk to him because from the tunnel to my seat is that close, maybe then it will click something on in BHills mind. I can only hope. I think we should all pick a game and we should wear "PLAY JJ" and "FIRE BHILL" shirts. Maybe it would make a statement if we could get like 100 people to wear those shirts to one game. Any ideas?

So according to Otis, JJ needs to make the USA Team. If JJ does make the team and goes on to play like the scoring maniac we know he can be, then what? Otis should amend JJ's contract saying that if he makes the USA Team and plays like the scoring maniac he can be, he gets a huge percentage of the playing time next season. And Otis and Brian (should Brian still be able to call himself a coach by then) can put up or shut up!

well, i would count on it, JJ is probably coach Ks favorite player, he imodies everything coach K loves, with the lack of pure shooters on the roster i would count on JJ making it. Coach k said before that JJ had a great shot of making the squad before he got injured. I would put my money on it that he and kobe are two additions to that squad because Kobe, even though he didnt go to college has duke blood in his veins, he wouldve gone to duke and him and coach k love eachother. Especially whats been happening in orlando with JJ, i know coach k must feel bad for him like the rest of us, hes not oblivious to the situation even though he has his own team to worry about. If JJ works his butt off he will be wearing a USA jersey.

There is no doubt that Hill has something against JJ, Augustine and Diener. He just doesn't know how to handle talent. It is as if he made a pack with the devil. He is not allowed to piss off his veterans. JJ has great potential. He could be a star or just a great 6th man but he and we will never know as long as hill is there and or he plays with the magic. It appears he will be traded since bhill does not like or respect him

Interesting quote from last nights game, I'm not sure if anyone caught this.

On Avery's game plan he told his team (the best team in the league mind you) that one of the keys was to make sure they stay with JJ when he is on the floor. Think about that, a team with the likely league MVP, a team that likely will win the whole thing, and the coach is figuring JJ in as a threat in the game plan.

It's a shame we don't use him more, when he was in there Avery had his defenders so close to him that if they were any closer they would have been in back of him. There was a TON of space out there for Dwight and unlike a lot of other players, JJ can actually make an entry pass into the post.

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

A few people chanting Fire Brian Hill will do the trick, especially if the groups are in different sections.

I hate Napoleon too but is it possible for you to post on any other subject? I think you have the record for most anti-Hill posts so you can slow down a little.

I hope with Hill out and Dooling not playing well that JJ will start to receive more minutes. He definitely adds a component to our offense that isn't there when our other guards are in the game.

jj will be in a different uniform this week. a 3 piece suit. the magic are out of control and i dont see any changes coming. its a sad state of affairs when most of us see the problem and th team refuses to adjust. we need jj on the floor or at least let him coach the team. jacklj