Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I have a friend who made the mistake of going on Mission Space after going around the world. He said he spent the whole time trying to focus on 1 thing so he didn't pop. Not smart!

What a freaky ride that is! I went on that ride with my sister and her husband and she sat in the "pilot" seat. Well, we didn't know ahead of time that the pilot controls vibrate to mimic the real thing and so while riding this ride me and my brother-in-law look over and see my sister shaking all over. We thought she was having a stroke or something and we got freaked out. It was one of those things that was funny after the fact but we were pretty worried for a bit because she had been pretty worked up after seeing all the warning signs heading in to the ride.

Sorry for the buzzkill story.

Have any of you started to notice that you are working more hard liquer beverages into your drinking routine. I still drink beer but that is kind of a casual thing that I will have with dinner or watching a game. When I go to a bar I find that I am drinking Jack and coke or The Gambler's Delight (Red Bull and Absolute). Has beer become a gateway for me? Or is this normal?

quote:

Have any of you started to notice that you are working more hard liquer beverages into your drinking routine. I still drink beer but that is kind of a casual thing that I will have with dinner or watching a game. When I go to a bar I find that I am drinking Jack and coke or The Gambler's Delight (Red Bull and Absolute). Has beer become a gateway for me? Or is this normal?

Marc I could not agree with you more, nowadays I am exactly the same, I will always start with a few beers, and as you say for the game or dinner always a beer.

Now when I am out I will have 1 or 2 and then hit the hard stuff, JD and coke or Vodka and Red Bull are my faves. I guess its similar to the drug idea - you start with weed and work your way up LOL

I wouldn't call beer a gateway to liquor necessarily. Too many people dislike the taste of beer (its inconceivable!) and therefore prefer mixed drinks. The first time I got drunk in college it was on Early Times whiskey. Now, I still love whiskey and rum, but beer is usually the preference. I think one reason you may find yourself drinking liquor is because, at most bars, the difference in cost between a beer and a mixed drink is negligible and you typically can get more bang for you buck with a mixed drink. One advantage that liquor will always have over beer: fewer trips to the bathroom!

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I wouldn't call beer a gateway to liquor necessarily. Too many people dislike the taste of beer (its inconceivable!) and therefore prefer mixed drinks. The first time I got drunk in college it was on Early Times whiskey. Now, I still love whiskey and rum, but beer is usually the preference. I think one reason you may find yourself drinking liquor is because, at most bars, the difference in cost between a beer and a mixed drink is negligible and you typically can get more bang for you buck with a mixed drink. One advantage that liquor will always have over beer: fewer trips to the bathroom!

I agree with that! Although can anyone answer this drinking myth.............

Why is it you can have 3+ beers and not need to go to the bathroom but the minute you go once you need to every 5 minutes???

quote:

That sounds much better to me. At least I don't feel like I am working my way up to worse things.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

Why is it you can have 3+ beers and not need to go to the bathroom but the minute you go once you need to every 5 minutes???

I don't run into that problem but I think that has to do with my freakishly large bladder. Over the years I have stretched my bladder by drinking as much as possible and waiting as long as possible. At this point I am like a camel, the ship of the desert if you will. I can drink and only have to go once a night. I think I will join the circus.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

I don't run into that problem but I think that has to do with my freakishly large bladder. Over the years I have stretched my bladder by drinking as much as possible and waiting as long as possible. At this point I am like a camel, the ship of the desert if you will. I can drink and only have to go once a night. I think I will join the circus.

Lucky man LOL