Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:
Originally posted by Elvis:

wow, that wasn't even the funniest:

Where did you go to college Faber University? You guys sound like you were trying to recreate Delta house!

University of Alabama:

You know playboy ranks its parting schools every year (or used to). Well....every year I was there, we were in the top 5 except 1. That year, Playboy said they didn't rank us, because they UA was no longer Amatuers...We had that issue framed.

Yeager...that stuff is brutal. It's like all the bad taste of Goldscholger without the pretty little gold flakes.

Man, having to do shots of that...wow...I think I would have requested the paddling, the brick drop and the sheep instead.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Yeager...that stuff is brutal. It's like all the bad taste of Goldscholger without the pretty little gold flakes.

Man, having to do shots of that...wow...I think I would have requested the paddling, the brick drop and the sheep instead.

Yeager is by far the worst tasting stuff ever created. I can't even smell it without feeling sick. Goldschloger is not far behind on my list of things to never drink again. Those 2 Sambuca, and Drano.

I remember for my 21st b-day, someone got me a pint of Goldschloger and I was so excited. Then I actually tasted it. I remember having to be polite and do a coupla shots of it in front of the person who gave it to me. But I never touched it again. I think I ended up giving it away.

quote:

Did someone say Goldschlager? see now were talking. Why drink that beer crap, when you can skip right to the GOLD!

I would tell you my stories, but after all the goldshlager I dont remember. I do remember drinking Goldshlager... Then I remember waking-up near in the bathroom near the toilet.

Good Times... I think....

quote:
Originally posted by LetsGoMagic:

quote:

Did someone say Goldschlager? see now were talking. Why drink that beer crap, when you can skip right to the GOLD!

I would tell you my stories, but after all the goldshlager I dont remember. I do remember drinking Goldshlager... Then I remember waking-up near in the bathroom near the toilet.

Good Times... I think....

Good times and Goldschlager do not go together. Things can only end very badly with that stuff. If I am going to skip to anything I will skip to the finest creation derived from the blue agave plant. Patron, how do I love thee, let me count the ways.

I had meant to follow up on yesterday's mention of location and company and how it influences the taste and affect of alcohol....

For the last 3 years, I have attended the Orlando Beer Festival out at Universal CityWalk. This event is a seriously good time. Great beer and even better "scenery." The problem of course is that they only serve you about 2 ounces at a time. Normally you might say "how the heck can I get drunk off of 2 ounces?"

Imagine if you are hanging out in a relaxed, conversational setting with a 12 ounce bottle. Realistically, it might take you 20-25 minutes to drink it. So if you had 3 beers in an hour, hour and a half, you might have a bit of a buzz going, depending on other factors such as weight and contents of stomach.

But at the Beer Festival, you don't think anything of knocking back a 2 ounce "shot" of beer. And you will do this 4 or 5 times in a row in a 2 minute span while you are visiting a particular brewery's tent. You will visit as many as 10 of these tents in an hour and if you do the same at each tent, you have just had the equivalent of over 8 beers in an hour. It's a beautiful thing, and it hits you hard and fast!

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

I had meant to follow up on yesterday's mention of location and company and how it influences the taste and affect of alcohol....

For the last 3 years, I have attended the Orlando Beer Festival out at Universal CityWalk. This event is a seriously good time. Great beer and even better "scenery." The problem of course is that they only serve you about 2 ounces at a time. Normally you might say "how the heck can I get drunk off of 2 ounces?"

Imagine if you are hanging out in a relaxed, conversational setting with a 12 ounce bottle. Realistically, it might take you 20-25 minutes to drink it. So if you had 3 beers in an hour, hour and a half, you might have a bit of a buzz going, depending on other factors such as weight and contents of stomach.

But at the Beer Festival, you don't think anything of knocking back a 2 ounce "shot" of beer. And you will do this 4 or 5 times in a row in a 2 minute span while you are visiting a particular brewery's tent. You will visit as many as 10 of these tents in an hour and if you do the same at each tent, you have just had the equivalent of over 8 beers in an hour. It's a beautiful thing, and it hits you hard and fast!

The last time I went to the beer fest they ran out of beer (ran out of beer at a beer fest!)and I had to wait for an hour in a line to get my refund. Beer fest make Marc go something something.

quote:

One of my favorite locations (unfortunately it's pricey) is drinking around the world at Epcot. It makes Epcot the only Disney park I can stomach.

Yeh that is definitley a good day out! Sample all the various beers! Whatever you do though, do not go on Soarin afterwards, I made that mistake and was "soarin" all the way home!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

One of my favorite locations (unfortunately it's pricey) is drinking around the world at Epcot. It makes Epcot the only Disney park I can stomach.

Yeh that is definitley a good day out! Sample all the various beers! Whatever you do though, do not go on Soarin afterwards, I made that mistake and was "soarin" all the way home!!!!!

lol