Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I think I have actually seen that tribute band. My days of wanting to be up front have gone away long ago. I used to work at just about every radio station in town and for a 2 year period I went to every concert and was upfront. Needless to say my hearing is not the best because of it.

Kid Rock is good for what he is, he is not a Grammy winner by any stretch but he is fun to watch. Plus he had strippers dancing in the back of his stage during his set so what more could you want!?

I think that Twisted Sister concert was the first and only time I have been that close to the stage. For that type of concert it was perfect. Normally, I would definitely prefer a seat.

The AC/DC tribute band was part of Hard Rock Live's Classic Albums series where they have a pool of "session" type musicians and pick and choose among them to try to best fabricate the sound of whatever band's album is up next in the series. There are some seriously talented performers there - I guess they just don't have much of their own stuff to record.

RE: Kid Rock...yeah, hard to knock a guy who's willing to share the stage with someone that's gonna get more attention than him!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

Finnigans in Universal had 2 for 1's the day of the Kid Rock concert. Bad combo but good for me!

The hospitality house in Sea World and Busch Gardens is a beautiful thing. My wife and I make sure that people go with us that do not drink beer that way we get their 2 complimentary drinks in addition to ours. I am going to start bringing a wig and a change of clothes to maximize my theme park experience. What's better than getting drunk and feeding dolphins?

You were at the Kid Rock/LL Cool J concert? I heard that things got nutty. My buddy does special events out there and said the place was packed.

The trick with the beer pavilion is doing it when it is busy. More faces for the pourers to remember. I got three but could have gotten several more I bet. As it was, drinking three full beers in about 30 minutes and then going back out in the sun wasn't a great combo.

LOL never a good idea, drinking and heading back into the Florida sun, it does crazy things to you. I have forgotten what sun looks like over here!! Also drinking and feeding dolphins may be fun but not so sure about drinking and going on Kraken or similar!!

I have found that just like anything else in life there is a happy medium to drinking and riding rides. As long as that line is not crossed you are ok. Except for the tea cup type rides you can NEVER drink and go on one of those.

The tea cups are just a no go zone, drink or no drink! And to think, they are made for kids..........

quote:

RE: Kid Rock...yeah, hard to knock a guy who's willing to share the stage with someone that's gonna get more attention than him!

Funny part of that evening:

Mrs. Acres- Those girls can't dance very well, they are not even dancing to a beat.

Me-Yes, they are terrible, of course.

Adam,

Teacup rides are punishment from God. I can find no other explaination for them. And little kids always seem to want to spin the darn things even more than they already spin.

quote:

Adam,

Teacup rides are punishment from God. I can find no other explaination for them. And little kids always seem to want to spin the darn things even more than they already spin.

I've been watching these Magic games lately and something has been feeling familiar....now I realize, watching the games has made be feel like I do when I get off the tea cup ride!

Have you noticed how much better beer is when you are at specific places. For instance beer at home is ok. Beer walking around the streets of Las Vegas is great. Beer at a restaurant is good. Beer at a Motley Crue concert is awesome. Is it the beer, the location, or what happens to be going on around you?

quote:

Have you noticed how much better beer is when you are at specific places. For instance beer at home is ok. Beer walking around the streets of Las Vegas is great. Beer at a restaurant is good. Beer at a Motley Crue concert is awesome. Is it the beer, the location, or what happens to be going on around you?

Ok, this is good stuff, here goes...there is actually some deep biological factors at play here so please allow me to wax philosophical...

It is the social component that makes the difference. To use your words, at home beer is "ok"...most likely you are by yourself or at least not with many people. On the streets of Las Vegas beer is "great" and you are likely with hundreds of other drunk people, same with the Motley Crue concert. So it is the social component that heightens the physiological impact of the alcohol in your system. This is why most people are "social" drinkers, and why beer or alcohol are considered "uppers" in a social setting and "downers" when alone - despite the fact that the actual physical reaction is the same. It is the environment that has changed.

Ok, now I really need a beer.

I agree Live or die, its as much the circumstances as it is the beer itself. I still find though you cannot beat a beer in a bar, it always seems to taste that much better than at home. Beer at home as Marc says is just ok!

quote:

Beer in a Pub beats out all other bars! Needed to edit this, Pub beats out all other bars except Kareoke bars!

Man, I have always wanted to do that but just never got up the nerve.

quote:

quote:

Beer in a Pub beats out all other bars! Needed to edit this, Pub beats out all other bars except Kareoke bars!

Man, I have always wanted to do that but just never got up the nerve.

Liquid courage is the key. My friend has a Kareoke program on his computer so we set it up for any parties that we have.