Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

The problem with remembering college is that I remember being able to drink and not suffer (well, not suffer much). Now, I still feel like I can drink, but one of two things happens: I either find myself stopping before I get too far gone, or I take the plunge and then suffer big time for it!

I'm much too young to feel this damn old.

I feel your pain LOD, In my college days I could drink crazy amounts, day after day! Now I cant handle a weekend of drinking LOL!

After 9 months of relatively consistent postings on this thread (primarily from myself, Marc, and Adam), is it finally time to retire it for good?

Hell NO!

There have to be some more beer stories out there! New Year's? Gator's championship? There has to be something! We need some new blood on this thread to keep the tradition alive!

I love beer... beer beer beer, down into my belly.

Yuengling

Sam Adams

Bass

Bud in the Can

Killians

Imperial (Costa Rica)

Labatt Blue

Kirin

Harpoon

Amber Bok

Rolling Rock

....and others

Any good beer stories related to the Super Bowl?

I hosted a get-together but I think people were more interested in the food and the commercials than the beer and the football.

I did have one lady at the party who kept filling up a shot glass with beer because it was one of those that light up when you fill it with liquid. It was funny to watch the beer hit her quickly.

Yes! It's back baby! After nearly two and a half months of inactivity, the Beer Thread has been revived.

In my best Shot Doctor impersonation....Let me tell you about my good friends down at "Total Wine & More" in Colonial Plaza at the intersection of 50 and Primrose. Imagine an ABC Liquor store on steriods. This place is the size of about 4 or 5 ABC stores put together.

I spent an entire lunch hour recently just browsing the shelves. They have this one aisle that is nothing but single beer bottles and they have just about every import or microbrew you can think of. I grabbed a couple that looked good and had funny names like: "Dead Guy Ale" and "Monty Python's Holy Ail."

And as the name suggests, they have a huge huge assortment of wine, including a special area where they keep really expensive bottles. They have every type and brand of liquor you can think of along with all kinds of accessories.

Anyway, if you are local and get a chance, it is worth checking out, if for no other reason than to see just about every beer brand in one location. Since the place just opened, they have all kinds of specials going on.

LOD, you have done this board a great favor by reviving this beauty of a thread!!

I have been to a Total Wine store in Tampa, it sure was impressive. I had a great time looking and purchasing all sorts of beers in there!!

Holy Crap! I've heard of this place before but have never stopped by. Perhaps now I should!

I wonder if they have Imperial. It's a Costa Rican beer I haven't been able to find in the states.

mmmm...beer. Way to go Live or Die, you got me thinking about beer and I still have 4 hrs till I will be able to get one in my hand.

I was drinking some interesting drinks when I was in the Bahamas a few weeks ago. One is called a "Dark and Stormy Night." It's basically Dark Rum and Ginger Beer. I've only had Ginger Beer there... I guess it isn't too popular over here. As for beer, of course there was Kalik. They sell it all over the place here, but it doesn't taste the same. Also, in the Bahamas they have what is called Kalik Gold. It has Natural Light levels of alcohol, but tastes just like Kalik... good news.

Speaking of Natural Light... The best cheep beer is without a doubt Southpaw. It is dirt cheep and tastes great. Back in college during my binge drinking days, a keg of Southpaw makes for one hell of a night.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

The best cheep beer is without a doubt Southpaw. It is dirt cheep and tastes great. Back in college during my binge drinking days, a keg of Southpaw makes for one hell of a night.

Southpaw, Red Dog, and Ice House (and for that matter ALL the "ice" beers) had just come out in the early-to-mid '90s when I was in college. At that time, they actually were on the more expensive side - perhaps because they were new. I definitely liked all of those beers. Of course, at that point, I liked any beer. Well, except one....never, ever, ever drink Schiltz Ice <shiver>.

Our "cheap beer of choice" back then was Busch Lite. And of course, the old stand by: The Beast!

Uggggh, cheap college beers. Busch, Old Milwaukee, and Meisterbrau where the top sellers back then.

Anyone try that new Miller beer that is a Corona knock off?

quote:
Anyone try that new Miller beer that is a Corona knock off?

Its not that good. In fact, it has a very interesting taste.

Some friends and I, HighCl***Trash being one of them, were downtown one night when they were giving some out. It has a weird aftertaste that tasted like something. We couldn't put our finger on it until Mr. Trash finally hit it. Miller Chill tastes exactly like the white Shark Bites fruit snack. Don't ask me how he figured it out, but he was right on. So if you like sugary artificially flavored junk... then Miller Chill is your beer.