Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

Its the beauty and the beast of alcohol. Idea is great at the time but the next day it has a cringe factor of 10!!

Well you know how it is, had way too many, nice warm evening at a party, someone puts on Billy Jean and the rest was history!!

I thought I was superb at the time, I was told differently the next day LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

Its the beauty and the beast of alcohol. Idea is great at the time but the next day it has a cringe factor of 10!!

Well you know how it is, had way too many, nice warm evening at a party, someone puts on Billy Jean and the rest was history!!

I disagree 100% there should never be a cringe factor when you are in an alcohol induced fit of stupid! Be proud of your stupidity and wear it like a badge of honor. Hold your head high when people say, "Do you remember that time that Adam got drunk and moonwalked around the house?"

I think you have to throw some of the blame on to Billy Jean (and the '80's in general). I mean, if she hadn't been so promiscuous, none of this would have ever happen.

I find that I become much more loose and limber when I'm drunk. My dancing skills skyrocket any time my inhibitions plummet. So I keep telling myself.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

I disagree 100% there should never be a cringe factor when you are in an alcohol induced fit of stupid! Be proud of your stupidity and wear it like a badge of honor. Hold your head high when people say, "Do you remember that time that Adam got drunk and moonwalked around the house?"

haha, very true!! The issue is I seem to do it every week!!

That's the only place that I really go to anymore. I visited Chillers/BigBelly/Latitudes last weekend and the bartenders (if you can call them that, nice to look at terrible at service and I swear she had to think about what a Capt. and Coke was) were awful.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

That's the only place that I really go to anymore. I visited Chillers/BigBelly/Latitudes last weekend and the bartenders (if you can call them that, nice to look at terrible at service and I swear she had to think about what a Capt. and Coke was) were awful.

Probably consuming too much of her own product.

Yeah, I know the Cantina is the place to be of late...just was wondering if there was something else out there. I really like Wally's for the drinks but it is away from downtown and has absolutely zero "scenery."

Can't let the Beer Thread go nearly a month between posts!

It's football season, that means that some of you have got to have some good beer stories!

I've been to two home UCF games so far this season (we've got 7 this year!) and, even though UCF's performance has been depressing, my beer drinking performance has been top-notch! With the need to get to the stadium earlier than usual (for tailgating perposes), I have found myself with more time for beer consumption....no negative effects....yet!!

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Can't let the Beer Thread go nearly a month between posts!

It's football season, that means that some of you have got to have some good beer stories!

I've been to two home UCF games so far this season (we've got 7 this year!) and, even though UCF's performance has been depressing, my beer drinking performance has been top-notch! With the need to get to the stadium earlier than usual (for tailgating perposes), I have found myself with more time for beer consumption....no negative effects....yet!!

Seriously, one of the biggest things I miss when I am away from home is football and tailgating, amazing! I always seem to be able to drink more than normal at the games, it is hard to top that for a traditional outing with the guys!!

Well, I made my monthly trip to Sea World with the family. My dad only goes for the free beer at the hospitality house. Can't say I blame him. No sooner were we through the gates and he was already asking where the beer house was. I told him that the annual pass I bought him was the most expensive case of beer I'd ever bought.

They do have great beer on tap at the hospitality house. We always put back three or four beers each and then spend the rest of the time walking around the park in a daze. This would be sad if it wasn't so much fun.

I know I have mentioned these before, but my favorite are these things called "Spikes" where they take a beer and shoot it with a flavoring. The best one is Amber Bach and chocolate...tastes just like a Tootsie Roll.

On a separate note, the fall beer season is here, which means that "Pumpkinhead" can now be found at your neighborhood Publix. If you have not tried this beer, you should. However, stay away from a similar looking beer called "Blue Moon Pumpkin." It is nasty. Regular "Blue Moon" is one of my favorite all time beers, but the Pumpkin version is awful. Stick with "Pumpkinhead" and when you finish the last sip, raise the bottle and say "thanks Live or Die for suggesting a great beer."

They have great Hard Lemonade Icee's in the hospitality house at Seaworld. A few of those are great on a hot day.

The hospitality house at seaworld is awesome, I go there whenever I get the chance, a great day out IMO! Pumkinhead, wow, been a while since I heard about that, I agree about Blue Moon though, great stuff!!