Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

The Beer Thread

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

why do so many people like Corona? With the exception of natty ice, it's probably the worst beer i've ever tasted. You can put all the limes you want in it, piss is piss.

+1 to this. Any beer in which I have to add outside flavoring is out in my book.

Everyone seems to love Red Corona's up here. I tell them they may as well just buy a daiquiri.

Oh, and I love Natty Light, Keystone Light, and Busch Light.

Full disclosure, I am in college, and my scholarship only covers so much......

I gave up drinking remotely heavily after I put a jack-o-lantern on my head and rolled down a hill on a bet, but when I do drink if I'm feeling like paying for something reasonably nice, I'll drink Newcastle, if I'm feeling cheap I'll drink Coors. But really, I won't turn down a beer if I'm being social, even if that means having to down a Corona, which is about as pleasant as being punched in the stomach.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Yuengling is amazing.

i went to a party that had a keg of yuengling. it was amazing.

Yuengling draft is very good.

I picked up a keg of Shipyard Pumpkinhead recently and that was excellent. I have Shocktop in the tap now and it's very similar to Blue Moon but with a little more orange to it. Good stuff.

The best beer in the world is served by buxom women with three two-liter mugs in each hand, in a huge tent anywhere in Germany. Each mug has a two-inch head of foam.

After 3 of them the brand doesn't matter.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Yuengling is amazing.

i went to a party that had a keg of yuengling. it was amazing.

Yuengling draft is very good.

I picked up a keg of Shipyard Pumpkinhead recently and that was excellent. I have Shocktop in the tap now and it's very similar to Blue Moon but with a little more orange to it. Good stuff.

Marc you are so right about Shocktop, that was my summer beverage of choice! I forget that you have a bar in your house!

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

The best beer in the world is served by buxom women with three two-liter mugs in each hand, in a huge tent anywhere in Germany. Each mug has a two-inch head of foam.

After 3 of them the brand doesn't matter.

ha ha, oh man you couldn't be more correct! I was in Berlin on business in September and we went to a traditional German beer hall and it was crazy!

Huge mugs with even larger heads of foam, they just slam it down on the bar (which makes it foam even more). The funniest thing is some guys just sit there going through mug after mug, unreal!