Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread - Magic v. Pistons - Nov. 2

I'll try to download sopcast or something to watch the games. It's really hard to follow a team living outside the USA. No local games because I'm not in ORL, no NBA games in PR since like 2001 or 2002 when local TV stopped showing NBA games. NBALP is not an option now, and the Magic have little or no coverage by ESPN and other channels this year.

I remember when here in PR we had regular season games and a nice playoff coverage, including the NBA finals. We got it basically from NBC. Apparently the business runs differently now... too bad.

On the game:

Winning this game would mean a lot to the team. Not only they go to the road with some momentum, but the confidence will get a boost after beating a team that consistently dominate them.

I hope the Magic win, very important game.

I just hope the crowd will be majority magic fans. I went last year to one of the detroit games and I swore there were more idiots screaming detroit basketball, than magic fans, which was sad.

Ahh, I can't wait for tonight. The Magic's first true test comes against the Pistons. It's ridiculous that we lost 8 times to this team last year. And not only did we lose 8 times, we lost all those in a row. There is no excuse for not being able to steal even one game from these guys.

Tonight, we have to take this game with authority. We're not the same team anymore, we're not losing for the 9th straight time. We CANNOT allow that to happen. Dwight should be salivating at the mouth to get his first 20-20 game of the season. Rashard's got to be wanting to school Tayshaun Prince. Jameer needs to come out like he's playing for a contract, not playing as someone who just got one. And Hedo, dam, I really hope he comes out with the same energy and aggressiveness that he came out with against the Bucks.

Big game tonight, let's go out and snatch it. It's our game...can't wait.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

I'll try to download sopcast or something to watch the games. It's really hard to follow a team living outside the USA. No local games because I'm not in ORL, no NBA games in PR since like 2001 or 2002 when local TV stopped showing NBA games. NBALP is not an option now, and the Magic have little or no coverage by ESPN and other channels this year.

I remember when here in PR we had regular season games and a nice playoff coverage, including the NBA finals. We got it basically from NBC. Apparently the business runs differently now... too bad.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss weeeeeeeeeeesssssssss wwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss La va a tirar. Lo conozco! APUUUUUUUUUNTELO!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I got this from a puertorican friend of mine. It was a famous phrase back in the 80's or 90's or even before from a hall of fame announcer from PR. I always loved the way it sounded. Hearing this guy was like watching a piece of art. You can feel the passion and the heart of the piece he was describing. I can't remember of his name though. Him and the famous spanish soccer anouncer (Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllll espa

Since this board is really boring today, lets play the the scoring game. Smack will treat the closest guess to a happy meal at Mcdonald's. JD will be the final judge.

I think our new found balance between defense and offense will give us the game. Our stealth wings will bombard them with so many threes they cant tell where they are coming from. Final score Magic 103, Detroit 92. Combined assists Jameer-Carlos 14, 9 turnovers(team total).

quote:
Stated by Oso Tommy:Weeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss weeeeeeeeeeesssssssss wwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss La va a tirar. Lo conozco! APUUUUUUUUUNTELO!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! I got this from a puertorican friend of mine. It was a famous phrase back in the 80's or 90's or even before from a hall of fame announcer from PR. I always loved the way it sounded. Hearing this guy was like watching a piece of art. You can feel the passion and the heart of the piece he was describing. I can't remember of his name though. Him and the famous spanish soccer anouncer
I think that his name was Manuel Rivera Morales (Mr. Apuntenlo). He became a very famous announcer in Puerto Rico, specially because he used to announce PR's international competition at a time when there was no TV coverage, therefore, most of the international games were transmitted on the radio. Manuel was so good at it that you felt like you were watching the game.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

Since this board is really boring today, lets play the the scoring game. Smack will treat the closest guess to a happy meal at Mcdonald's. JD will be the final judge.

I think our new found balance between defense and offense will give us the game. Our stealth wings will bombard them with so many threes they cant tell where they are coming from. Final score Magic 103, Detroit 92. Combined assists Jameer-Carlos 14, 9 turnovers.

I got:

Magics 107

Pissed On's 99

Combined JN/CA get 12 asts. 8 turnovers.

hey,whats up guys...I have been gone a while out on missions...but im back now in time for the season! Im having one problem though..Im stationed in FT. Polk and no one offers leauge pass here. so I cant watch the games...can anyone help?