Sign in to follow this  
MagicmaninMiami

WE ALL REALLY DO AGREE!!!!

Okay this might be hard but in light of all the arguments today and through the weeks I thought it might be great to find areas of positive common agreement. Of course there is no such thing as 100% agreement but heres my list and you can add to it with yours and have at last one thread in which we look at the positive (some constructive criticism is fine as long as we don' go off just to the criticism). Here goes -

A) JJ is panning out to be an NBA player. The pick was not wasted this year the kid has some basketball in him.

B) We are at the end of paying huge dollars for Grant Hill. Whether you like him, hate him or are indifferent his contract expiring means we can go out this summer and get some talent whether he comes back or not.

C) Dwight although young and unpolished and maybe behind schedule is an all star player. We actually have one of those and at his age we will have at least one for years to come

D) Ariza continues to show some promise. He can play in the NBA and maybe even one day start in the NBA.

E) even with the way we have played this year we are still in a hunt for a playoff spot. We are not milwaukee, Boston, Charlotte or Atlanta.

With what we have and can get in the off season even if we do not make it to the playoffs this year we should be seeing many years of being in the top 8 of the East. Agreed? Any other positives?

Okay this might be hard but in light of all the arguments today and through the weeks I thought it might be great to find areas of positive common agreement. Of course there is no such thing as 100% agreement but heres my list and you can add to it with yours and have at last one thread in which we look at the positive (some constructive criticism is fine as long as we don' go off just to the criticism). Here goes -

A) JJ is panning out to be an NBA player. The pick was not wasted this year the kid has some basketball in him.

B) We are at the end of paying huge dollars for Grant Hill. Whether you like him, hate him or are indifferent his contract expiring means we can go out this summer and get some talent whether he comes back or not.

C) Dwight although young and unpolished and maybe behind schedule is an all star player. We actually have one of those and at his age we will have at least one for years to come

D) Ariza continues to show some promise. He can play in the NBA and maybe even one day start in the NBA.

E) even with the way we have played this year we are still in a hunt for a playoff spot. We are not milwaukee, Boston, Charlotte or Atlanta.

With what we have and can get in the off season even if we do not make it to the playoffs this year we should be seeing many years of being in the top 8 of the East. Agreed? Any other positives?

None of our players have gotten arrested. After reading another Artest article that shouldn't be undervalued.

This thread is a good idea man. We rarely agree on anything but its hard to argue any of the points that you've stated.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

None of our players have gotten arrested. After reading another Artest article that shouldn't be undervalued.

This thread is a good idea man. We rarely agree on anything but its hard to argue any of the points that you've stated.

I dunno man, do we know for sure none of them got arrested? Pat is pretty shifty looking. How do we know he isn't some ganster in his personel time? He and Diener both could be running guns and making moonshine for all we know.

Well we agree on your signature as well Emory889 but we'll leave that off this thread. LOL!!

But if we can actually agree in a thread then it has to be good for these boards. We can go beyond just our players not getting arrested. We have some players with the kind of class that matters even in Basketball issues. My bet is unless we really insult Dwight he's no Shaq and won't run out on the team.

Great post Magicman!

JJ is impressing me more and more as the season goes on, I wanted him to get more minutes from the start but that didnt happen, but instead of moaning he has gone about his job as we all knew he would and shown coach he deserves those minutes.

I have no doubt in my mind that he will become a great NBA player because he has amazing techincal ability, his on court vision is up there with the best and the "suspect" side, his defense, is far far better than people give him credit for!

Dwight is awesome, simple as! He continues to get better and I feel the more minutes JJ gets, and takes some pressure off him with his outside shooting, the better he will get!

Ariza is also another young stud that will be awesome in the future, I guess we need to just take a step back at times and realise how young our squad really is!

quote:
He and Diener both could be running guns and making moonshine for all we know.

No fair. You had no business exposing Diener like that. He's just trying to stay loose and not slip off into a coma on the bench.

One more point to agree on:

Brian Hill's heart is getting bigger and bigger, not in the sense that he loves Pat more and more everyday, but based on observing that from game to game, his face tends to get redder and redder.

Therefore, there is hope that he might have some kind of cardiac arrest before it is too late for the Magic to qualify for the playoffs....

quote:
Originally posted by CG:

Brian Hill's heart is getting bigger and bigger, not in the sense that he loves Pat more and more everyday, but based on observing that from game to game, his face tends to get redder and redder.

Therefore, there is hope that he might have some kind of cardiac arrest before it is too late for the Magic to qualify for the playoffs....

IF you read many of my other posts you'll know I am no Bhill supporter but thats for another thread. Its a contentious issue - here we are looking for what we ALL really agree on.

Good Post MMM - I think all you points are very tru. I like the devlopment of some of our younger guys, we are heading into an exciting summer for the team, and your right - atleast we are still in some sort of a hunt. another positive is I think the organization fielded some nice "talent" this year as the MD's go.

dancers_danitykane.jpg

quote:
Posted March 22, 2007 02:21 PM Hide Post

quote:

Originally posted by CG:

IF you read many of my other posts you'll know I am no Bhill supporter but thats for another thread. Its a contentious issue - here we are looking for what we ALL really agree on.

Sorry, man! Just trying to "lighten" things up around here, since for the past week, there's too much "negative karma" in this site. But again, I see your good intention, so I apologize for the bad joke.