Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Coaches on the "HOT" seat! Odds on Brian being fired are 4-1. Chris Sheridan, ESPN

From the looks of this board I figured you guys could use something else to vent your fustrations on. How about our usual favorite target Brian Hill. Looks like he's getting close to the top of the list.

quote:
Updated: March 22, 2007, 12:40 PM ET

Hot seat watch: eight coaches who might be moving onBy Chris Sheridan

ESPN.com

Archive

The lingering bitterness being felt by Mike Fratello was readily discernable as we spoke on the phone earlier this week.

The first coach to be fired this season gave ESPN.com a gauge of his grief:

"After it happens, you look back after a while and evaluate it -- and not just my situation, but any coaching change. If it takes the team in the correct direction, then obviously it was a good change. But if the team is going in the same direction, maybe people need to look elsewhere as to what the reasons are. Last I looked, the Grizzlies had the worst record in the NBA, and that speaks for itself," Fratello said.

A similar level of bitterness is no doubt being felt by Terry Stotts, who has not spoken publicly since he was fired last week as coach of the Milwaukee Bucks. A source close to the team told ESPN.com that Stotts hastened his own departure by confronting management regarding its plans for assistant Larry Krystkowiak, who ended up replacing him.

Dwane Casey knows what Stotts is feeling right about now, because he went through it eight weeks ago when the Minnesota Timberwolves fired him and promoted Randy Wittman. Not that Casey is rooting against the Wolves, but he's taking some emotional solace from the fact that they're 8-17 under Wittman after being 20-20 when he was let go.

"I've been making a list, writing down all the things I did right and all the things I did wrong, trying to improve from the experience, because if I'm not improving as a person from the experience, shame on me," Casey told ESPN.com. "Hopefully I'll be able to look back on this list in the future and learn from it."

Fratello, Casey and Stotts are the only three coaches to lose their jobs this season, although the Charlotte Bobcats recently announced that Bernie Bickerstaff will not return as coach next season. The Sixers took the preemptive measure of announcing a week ago that Maurice Cheeks will be their coach next season, despite much speculation to the contrary, given Larry Brown's looming presence. And the Orlando Magic issued a somewhat more lukewarm vote of confidence in Brian Hill.

But there are plenty of other situations where coaching changes seem increasingly likely once the regular season ends, and there is one place -- Sacramento -- where it would not surprise us to see Scott Brooks in charge on the bench by the time April arrives. The Kings' 1-4 road trip ended Monday night with Ron Artest glaring at Eric Musselman during a lopsided loss to the lowly Hawks, giving us reason to shift the odds on Musselman being the next to get some time off as we present this season's third version of our Coach Most Likely to Be Fired (or Otherwise Out) list.

THE FAVORITE

Eric Musselman, Sacramento Kings

If this season is to be salvaged, the Maloofs have to do something.

And since they weren't able to trade Mike Bibby to Cleveland at the deadline, the next best place to put the dynamite is beneath the seat of a head coach who clearly is not getting through to the team.

For your amusement, we present the following from the comments section of Wednesday's Sacramento Bee following the lethargic loss to the Hawks: "What a sickening display by a bunch of weasels who have GIVEN UP. This team disgusts me on a level that I rarely see. In all my years of watching professional sports, I have never seen such a gutless, heartless, worthless, spineless, clueless, careless, reckless and hopeless team. They are unbelievably bad. Laughably bad. Disgracefully bad."

The Kings, who went 2-0 under Brooks when Musselman served a two-game suspension for his DUI arrest, are 2

From the looks of this board I figured you guys could use something else to vent your fustrations on. How about our usual favorite target Brian Hill. Looks like he's getting close to the top of the list.

quote:
Updated: March 22, 2007, 12:40 PM ET

Hot seat watch: eight coaches who might be moving onBy Chris Sheridan

ESPN.com

Archive

The lingering bitterness being felt by Mike Fratello was readily discernable as we spoke on the phone earlier this week.

The first coach to be fired this season gave ESPN.com a gauge of his grief:

"After it happens, you look back after a while and evaluate it -- and not just my situation, but any coaching change. If it takes the team in the correct direction, then obviously it was a good change. But if the team is going in the same direction, maybe people need to look elsewhere as to what the reasons are. Last I looked, the Grizzlies had the worst record in the NBA, and that speaks for itself," Fratello said.

A similar level of bitterness is no doubt being felt by Terry Stotts, who has not spoken publicly since he was fired last week as coach of the Milwaukee Bucks. A source close to the team told ESPN.com that Stotts hastened his own departure by confronting management regarding its plans for assistant Larry Krystkowiak, who ended up replacing him.

Dwane Casey knows what Stotts is feeling right about now, because he went through it eight weeks ago when the Minnesota Timberwolves fired him and promoted Randy Wittman. Not that Casey is rooting against the Wolves, but he's taking some emotional solace from the fact that they're 8-17 under Wittman after being 20-20 when he was let go.

"I've been making a list, writing down all the things I did right and all the things I did wrong, trying to improve from the experience, because if I'm not improving as a person from the experience, shame on me," Casey told ESPN.com. "Hopefully I'll be able to look back on this list in the future and learn from it."

Fratello, Casey and Stotts are the only three coaches to lose their jobs this season, although the Charlotte Bobcats recently announced that Bernie Bickerstaff will not return as coach next season. The Sixers took the preemptive measure of announcing a week ago that Maurice Cheeks will be their coach next season, despite much speculation to the contrary, given Larry Brown's looming presence. And the Orlando Magic issued a somewhat more lukewarm vote of confidence in Brian Hill.

But there are plenty of other situations where coaching changes seem increasingly likely once the regular season ends, and there is one place -- Sacramento -- where it would not surprise us to see Scott Brooks in charge on the bench by the time April arrives. The Kings' 1-4 road trip ended Monday night with Ron Artest glaring at Eric Musselman during a lopsided loss to the lowly Hawks, giving us reason to shift the odds on Musselman being the next to get some time off as we present this season's third version of our Coach Most Likely to Be Fired (or Otherwise Out) list.

THE FAVORITE

Eric Musselman, Sacramento Kings

If this season is to be salvaged, the Maloofs have to do something.

And since they weren't able to trade Mike Bibby to Cleveland at the deadline, the next best place to put the dynamite is beneath the seat of a head coach who clearly is not getting through to the team.

For your amusement, we present the following from the comments section of Wednesday's Sacramento Bee following the lethargic loss to the Hawks: "What a sickening display by a bunch of weasels who have GIVEN UP. This team disgusts me on a level that I rarely see. In all my years of watching professional sports, I have never seen such a gutless, heartless, worthless, spineless, clueless, careless, reckless and hopeless team. They are unbelievably bad. Laughably bad. Disgracefully bad."

The Kings, who went 2-0 under Brooks when Musselman served a two-game suspension for his DUI arrest, are 2

Ahh BJ you always post the little things that bring a smile to my face.

The fact that we are 31-38 says it all, how can he be rehired....

What has he done to revie the franchise besides starting two of the last three seasons above the Eastern conference and then slipping into the bottom of the pack.

only the veterans on the forum have the right to express their desire for a coaching change..

when it's one of the newer users who says it he'll get something like "let's not put all the blame on the coach, NBA coaching is overrated, our team 'sucks'" etc

heh interesting..

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

only the veterans on the forum have the right to express their desire for a coaching change..

when it's one of the newer users who says it he'll get something like "let's not put all the blame on the coach, NBA coaching is overrated, our team 'sucks'" etc

heh interesting..

Do you have a popup on your computer that flashes whenever anyone posts anything about Coach?

Do you talk about anything else, you are paranoid dude, there is no veterans vs newbies on this board!

quote:

heh interesting..

So you are saying that you have not been allowed to express your dislike for Brian Hill? I have about 620 reasons to think other wise.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

heh interesting..

Do you have a popup on your computer that flashes whenever anyone posts anything about Coach?

Do you talk about anything else, you are paranoid dude, there is no veterans vs newbies on this board!

What about the time, back when I only had 26 posts, and you, Marc, NBR, and Emory made me eat dirt while Ball Junkie and Rich called me mean names like "Heat fan". You said that was because I said Hill was a bad coach.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

heh interesting..

What about the time, back when I only had 26 posts, and you, Marc, NBR, and Emory made me eat dirt while Ball Junkie and Rich called me mean names like "Heat fan". You said that was because I said Hill was a bad coach.

LOL! I thought we told you to keep that quiet........

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

heh interesting..

You need to be careful, you are still low enough on the seniority level that we can give you wedgies.