Sign in to follow this  
Hutchence

Is Jameer a team cancer?

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:
get 4 ast's.... is that a lot? no... but it shows that he is sticking with passing first.

no of course it's not a lot, that's dismal! understatement of the year there bubba..

He has passed a little more lately (at times) still dribbles too much and is way, way under the efficiency of other PGs. TJ Ford looked so much better it's not even funny. It's not really his fault ultimately.. it's Brian's for not putting in Diener or Arroyo. You'll never admit it though since we know you're a Jameer homer.

Ahh my favorite Victim....

well you have to admit that the assist total being so dismal is the fact that no one can finish the play.... especially in the Raptors game.

And really I dont care who he puts in, he could get the towel boy.... as long as we win, thats all that matters.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I don't know that I agree with the "cancer" label, but it is clear that Jameer has lost his edge. His edge is what made him overachieve in college. His edge is what led to the dismissal of Steve Francis. His edge is why he was handed the starting PG spot this year.

However, there are in fact, numerous problems with this team that have nothing to do with the PG position. Grant Hill is playing out of position and has missed 18 games. Turkoglu is shooting 41% from the field. Battie is a backup with career averages of 6 points and 5 rebounds. Dwight is shooting 60% from the free throw line. Our reserves have been shuffled dozens of times throughout the season.

A few more observations:

JJ Redick has hit 1/2 as many 3pt shots as Jameer in 1/4 the amount of minutes.

Darko Milicic has 3 times as many assists as Tony Battie has blocks.

Hedo Turkoglu (not known for his defense) has as many steals on the season as Jameer in fewer minutes.

Playing time has been distibuted almost equally to all players not named Dwight.

Darko Milicic has made twice as many free throws as Tony Battie has attempted.

Not a single starter other than Dwight is avergaing more than 30 minutes per game.

James Augustine has a better efficiency rating than every other player on our team.

I was wondering where you've been Smack. That is some good info that has me shaking my head. All of the numbers seem a little off just like this season has felt.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

well you have to admit that the assist total being so dismal is the fact that no one can finish the play.... especially in the Raptors game.

Right...

There's no way you an intelligent person who wants the team to win would suggest Jameer is "gettin better" running the offense with only 4 assists, throwing the ball away and not involving his teammates. I don't wanna see this midget on steroids going to the hoop like he was a power forward.

Jameer doesn't pass whether the team is shooting it good or bad. He's waved JJ off before to take the shot himself. That you don't want to see it is something else.

Jameer is not even a SG anymore, he's our power forward of the future! Yeah 4 assists, he's learning to pass more, ROFL! maybe he'll learn to dunk too?

leave it up to you to make excuses for a player with obvious mental problems..

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I was wondering where you've been Smack. That is some good info that has me shaking my head. All of the numbers seem a little off just like this season has felt.

I've been taking a break. My life has been so consumed by the Magic this year so I took a much deserved break from the frustration. It was probably a good time for me to get away from this board also seeing as how an Arroyo thread was locked. I surely would have been suspended had I gotten involved in that one. Speaking of which...

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

I don't want to do this because I don't want to give the impression that I'm defending any player, but I have to say that when Arroyo was in the same situation I never saw this kind of excuses to help him out.

What on God's green earth are you talking about? Numerous fans of Jameer have been very critical of his decision making, his shot selection, his selfishness, etc. But, when presenting criticism it also helps to look at both sides. The only finger being pointed cannot entirely focus on Jameer. And just like when Arroyo was playing badly (pretty much the entire season), his fans wrote in to defend him and make excuses (as you say). Was I one of the members posting about how Arroyo wasn't getting a fair shake? Nope! But there were plenty of people who were. So please stop with the ridiculaous accusations, that once again, Arroyo doesn't receive the the same obective treatment that Jameer does.

Jameer frankly, has sucked this year. But there are other criteria here that should be considered when determining why he has sucked.

Another nite of going to a Magic game and watching their point guard run herd over Jameer. Too small, no defense, dribbles too much, can't pass, or rather dislikes passing.

Gosh what we could do if we had a legitimate point guard and nelson was traded..

Nelson is a liability.

quote:
Originally posted by disgruntled:

Nelson is a liability.

Nelson is a liability...

Nelson is a liability....

repeat after me..

Ditto, ibid, etc.

They say numbers don't lie. If you want to know who are the guys that should be playing go to 82games.com. You will also find your answer as to Jameer being a cancer.

Jameer is a liability. He had 4 assist versus the Raptors, but blew countless other assist with bad passes, bad shots, or not getting his team's offense moving along. The point guard has to dictate the game.

Good teams make their opponent play their way. They are the aggressor and force teams to adjust. Phoenix sucks on defense, but they dictate the game so well offensively that they can control their opponents.

Jameer is a liability because he cannot control his team as well as he puts his team defensively in an enormous hole when he lets the other team's point guard have his way. We should not in these games get off to bad starts. Once we do, we are playing catch up.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Guy:

They say numbers don't lie. If you want to know who are the guys that should be playing go to 82games.com. You will also find your answer as to Jameer being a cancer.

Jameer = Brain Tumor

According to 82games.com this are our most efficient players.

Howard - +7.8

Ariza - +1.8

Arroyo - +1.3

Dooling - +0.2

Milicic - -0.9

Turk - -1.1

Hill - -1.5

Redick - -2.8

Bogans - -3.0

Diener - -3.1

Nelson - -3.2

Outlaw - -3.4

Battie - -5.0

Garrity - -7.5

Augustine - -8.7

Why don't try playing those guys at the top together.