Sign in to follow this  
Hutchence

Is Jameer a team cancer?

I am not a big fan of Jammer's play but I have never minded him as a person on the court. I do not like the closeness between him and Dwight. I think it was last week when Otis brought up how the team are too good of friends and you have to wonder if those two were the ones especially.

We all know Dwight is a little goofy and that is cool, but it seems so much worse lately. I was literally screaming at the tv last night for him to stop laughing and smiling at the free throw line. He then went on to miss both.

Maybe he is the link that needs to leave. He doesn't seem to take the game very seriously and personally I do not want a point guard that doesn't care about winning.

I am not a big fan of Jammer's play but I have never minded him as a person on the court. I do not like the closeness between him and Dwight. I think it was last week when Otis brought up how the team are too good of friends and you have to wonder if those two were the ones especially.

We all know Dwight is a little goofy and that is cool, but it seems so much worse lately. I was literally screaming at the tv last night for him to stop laughing and smiling at the free throw line. He then went on to miss both.

Maybe he is the link that needs to leave. He doesn't seem to take the game very seriously and personally I do not want a point guard that doesn't care about winning.

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

your post makes no sense. you talk about dwight smiling and that shows that jameer doesnt take the game seriously?

I think after the Dwight is goofy part that she is referring to Jameer. I personally have grown to dislike jameer. I have disdain for him because of what Hutch just said. The dude is not a winner or leader. How can your self proclaimed leader be laughing it up all the time, while teams are killing us. I played pickup back in the day and man I hated losing. no way would I smile while losing, in fact i'd foul the hell out of someone and tell them that i'd hack em everytime before I'd allow them to keep kicking my ***. So yeah as of right now he is a cancer.

I think Hutchence is saying Jameer not being lazy or not caring is rubbing off on Dwight since the two are good friends. I will take it one step further: Jameer flat out sucks! He is a black hole along with Grant Hill. The point guard is quarterback of the team. He has the ball most of the time as well as he sets the tone and makes sure the team gets it going. Jameer does nothing to help the team but get hot shooting the ball every once in a while, blinding many that think he has the right stuff when he sometimes scores more than 20 points. He is lazy, slow, and too short to be playing. He either needs to seriously re-tool his game or take a hike!

She thinks that Dwights attitude in games is a reflection of the way that Jameer is always laughing and smiling even in games when the Magic are getting blown out.

I don't think Jameer is a cancer or anything that extreme. He is supposed to be one of the leaders (according to management anyway) and he doesn't act like it on the court but cancer is a little strong.

I understand what your saying Hutch. I am not sure why Otis puts up with it except maybe the obvious. He wants to sign Dwight to a long term contract and he looks as if he is keeping Jameer around to appease dwight. Thats Bhill for you and thats why he needs to be replaced. he refuses to change. Otis and Hill know what they are doing even though it is wrong.

Dwight has always been goofy and smiling ever since he came into the league. Jameer doesn't smile nearly as much as Dwight. I dont know what you all are seeing.

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

Dwight has always been goofy and smiling ever since he came into the league. Jameer doesn't smile nearly as much as Dwight. I dont know what you all are seeing.

In a previous post I stated how both of them do it. However Dwight is not expendable, so we have to hope and pray that one day he'll develop a killer instinct. Jameer on the other hand is nothing special and his *** should be held to the fire like most of this underachieving team. He ia a backup coming off the bench at best. He should not be starting, but then again neither should hedo, grant or battie. **** it's sad when 4 of your starters are backups at best on most other teams.

He is a cancer b/c he is playing bad, not b/c he smiles a few times in a game when Dwight smiles 100 times. I could care less that Dwight or Jameer smiles, I dont think that their play is bad b/c of it.

I don't think he's a cancer (yet). IMO I don't see him as the future PG of this franchise either, he hasn't proven anything to me to think otherwise.

For the sake of the team and to continue our growth, we probably need to package both Jameer and Arroyo for a true point guard. Someone like an Andre Miller, a big guard that can facilitate the offense. The bulk of our scoring shouldn't come from the PG position. Jameer is trying to score 15-20 points a game, if that comes within the flow of the offense that's ok but he comes up the court shooting like he was our SG.

We can keep Diener as our backup because honestly it appears as if he is our only PG with a PG mentality.

Jameer IS a cancer not for playing around or even laughing. He is a cancer because he so often demonstrates the kind of selfishness on the court that especially younger players must resent. Honestly by virtue of his position its just glaring. I can't think of any non All star that demonstrates such selfishness.