Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD*** MAGIC vs. TEAM CHINA ALL-STARS...OCT. 18,2007

I see a win by at least 20...but I don't necessarily know these guys...maybe I should look them up.

The Chinese team has historically had solid big men and suspect (and thats putting it kindly) guard play. In short, whoever we put at pg whether its Jameer, Carlos, or Garrity will probably have a very good game. The Magic need to push the ball down the Chinese teams throat and a win should come pretty easily.

Chinese teams in that level are not easy to beat. They have learned our style and they have developed in the last 10 years great players. They lack of body mass. Their players are athletic but usually too skinny to bump with international players, let alone american players who live their lives in gyms. Their style of play is fast and they copy the european game with numerous passes before taking a shot. Not dependable on playing one on one but their team game is solid. The same can be said about their defense. They play team defense and they rotate fine. Sometimes they fall as sleep and start depending in their big guys to do all the defensive work on the paint, specially when playing zones. That makes them vulnerable if you have a few players who knows how to move the ball in the low post. Without Yao and Yi it'll be interesting to see what kind of attitude they take. To fight and give it all on the court or to just play to survive. Either way we should come up with a win if we take it serious and play our game. These comments are only my opinion.

Well, I've been a follower of Chinese basketball, all I can say is that this team is full of youth, shooters anD length. There's not guy on that team that can face Dwight, IMO, except probably Wang Zhi Zhi. Sun Yue, the Lakers 2nd rounder this year, is likely to play there too. The PG position is weak, except probably for Liu Wei, who's also been a household name in terms of the Chinese team. He was signed by the Kings, when the Kings and the Rockets played in China, btw.

This is most likely the roster:

http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/team/index.jsp?team=china