Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Clearing the Air

Oh Yea...???

Then why can't we say D*kembe Mutumbo...???

Just kidding Rock got to say though I love those cheer leaders, pretty sure who ever said that's eyes didn't work. Love the magic, love the message boards, and the Mods, well I don't love them as much as I love the cheerleaders, but they are all right.

I havent really been able to uynderstadn the outctry of this new rule, it is a requirment on alot of message boards.

Realgm, and Tampabay message board come to mind.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

I'm going to post this here for a while so all of you will read it ...

Some of you need to take a moment and understand that these Message Boards are a privledge, not an obligation.

I understand where RCM is coming from. But it works both ways. These boards aren't an obligation for the fans, either. IF having a message board didn't benefit the organization, the Magic wouldn't have one. It's no accident that every NBA team sponsors discussion boards. The lifeblood of any sports team is it's fan base.

So the message boards benefit the Magic just as much as those of us fans who come here to discuss the Magic. Please don't make it seem as though you are doing us a favor by having these message boards. That sets the wrong tone, disrespecting the fans who care enough about the Magic to post (a very small minority, by the way).

There is no obligation for the Magic to host message boards, that's true. There's also no obligation for fans to visit the Magic message boards. Where would the Magic be without fans?

It's a balance. Obviously the boards need to be moderated, and I have always thought our moderators do a great job. But loyal fans are what keep the board alive. The great majority of the posts are quite informative and helpful. Please keep that in mind. There is no need to insult posters who don't agree with every move made by the Magic organization (don't results from recent years speak for themselves?) by mischaracterizing and stereotyping their posts as you do above.

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by WPMagic:

Ya see, diplomacy CAN work!

Diplomacy is a myth. The reinstatement is a result of guilt.

Now Smack, the frontal lobotomy that I recieved while detained, makes me tell you that you shouldnt talk like that. They might send you to the "bad place", as I like to call it. It it similar to the pit in Buffalo Bill's basement.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I also hope dialogue in this thread continues as to what is acceptable on the forums and what is not. I think Rock said it nicely:

quote:

To me, it's simple. I would never post anything on a Message Board about someone that I wouldn't openly say to their face.

You know better than that. Sorry I didn't call ya back last night. I was too excited to watch the Cubs and forgot.

I just want to take a moment now to clarify one thing. This is the internet, and I take everything with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately, sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate well into a post. If I ever offend anyone, let me know. I mean no harm to any individual on this board.

And as far as the Garrity bashing and all that jazz, I say it in good fun. Do we cross the line sometimes? Maybe somewhat. But when we photoshop pictures of Garrity's head on a squirrel or whatever, I doubt he would lose sleep over it. Heck, he might even laugh about it.

My point being, as adults, we should all know not to cross THAT line. Don't say "I hope Garrity dies in a house fire". Thats crossing the line. But if you say "Garrity needs to be traded for a Happy Meal" then I don't see the problem with that. It's all in good fun. This has been going on for ages, before the internet was even created.

That's how you don't abuse the power of freedom of speech. By using it effectively, without taking advantage of it.

One thing that I found pretty nasty that should of had a punishment were the people who seemed to be threatning the Pats and Brian Hills life.

62181090378bc23d19055ef6bfcd74041deb78ac.jpg

I have been released and put on probation. Thanks to everyone to supported me during the past few days. Those of you who know me, know that I just want to entertain and talk a little basketball. Sorry to start an international incident...... I have my thoughts and comments on the situation, but I will keep them to myself for now. Anyways, its good to be back.

Sign in to follow this