Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Clearing the Air

Great Stuff, RCM. And I agree totally.

Now to the fun comments:

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce to you the Dan Hawkins of the Orlando Magic, Mr. RockChalk Magic:

Q) Mr. RCM, what do you think of those whiners who are crying about the new rules on posting links from other websites?

A) This is an NBA Message Board !!! This ain't MySpace.com !!!!

Rock, Now I know where you got your name. You establish quite clearly the reality of the reason and origin of our forum and the importance of order and discipline in it. Thank you and the organization for th eopportunity to have this forum and our moderators for keepin it orderly.

quote:
We allow you to say some of the meanest crap I've ever heard about our former head coach, who by the way, is one of the nicest, most generous individuals you'll ever meet

I couldn't agree more!!

That was great because he clearly got angrier and angrier the more he wrote--toward the end of the post I half-expected him to fly off-topic altogether and starting yelling about kids these days and demanding that people get off his lawn.

He

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

I understand where RCM is coming from. But it works both ways. These boards aren't an obligation for the fans, either. IF having a message board didn't benefit the organization, the Magic wouldn't have one. It's no accident that every NBA team sponsors discussion boards. The lifeblood of any sports team is it's fan base.

So the message boards benefit the Magic just as much as those of us fans who come here to discuss the Magic. Please don't make it seem as though you are doing us a favor by having these message boards. That sets the wrong tone, disrespecting the fans who care enough about the Magic to post (a very small minority, by the way).

There is no obligation for the Magic to host message boards, that's true. There's also no obligation for fans to visit the Magic message boards. Where would the Magic be without fans?

It's a balance. Obviously the boards need to be moderated, and I have always thought our moderators do a great job. But loyal fans are what keep the board alive. The great majority of the posts are quite informative and helpful. Please keep that in mind. There is no need to insult posters who don't agree with every move made by the Magic organization (don't results from recent years speak for themselves?) by mischaracterizing and stereotyping their posts as you do above.

I like this guy. SmackDaddy fan club members let's nominate him for the position of Vice Speaker.

I would like to just go on record and say that i'm drooling at the sight of the cheerleaders and their new bios. So if I did say anything offensive (if I recall, I supported them), then I apologize.

PS: Sarah and Megan C are BEAUTIFUL.

Since RockChalk has already started this "Clearing the Air" thread I think now before the season starts is a "perfect" time to get clarification and or discussion on some of the issues Rock has brought up in his post.

I want to talk about two of the subjects Rock made mention of.

First off, the constant flaming, personal attacks and insults to the intellingence of our former coach Brian Hill. I personally was very offended by it all and as everyone knows it was a daily occurence. I was and still am a coach which was why it affected me even more. It drove me to start defending the guy even though there clearly were problems with the team and I agreed with what most were saying. I even PM'd Marc Acres to get clarifacation on it as I inquired about all the flaming the coach got when the message board rules clearly state, "no flaming".

Marc agreed with me but did not feel moved to try and curve those actions of guys that posted in that manner. I guess because Brian Hill himself was not posting on these boards to defend himself or complain it was allowed but I'm just speculating because I really don't know the answer.

The other issue that Rock spoke of was the "cheerleader" thread. I only clicked on it once at the very beginning of the thread and saw the direction it was headed so I never clicked on it again. Based on what RockChalk has posted here it's probably a good thing I didn't.

Question, how are these issues going to be handled on these boards this season and or will it be enforced? I come here to talk basketball. I see nothing wrong with crticizing and or crtiquing opinions of coaches or other board members. It's when the insults and or personal attacks start that I take issue with.

Mods I would like to hear the opinions of all of you but I would really like to hear the opinion of RockChalk himself since he's the guy calling the shots.

As I said earlier, now is the perfect time to set the standard on this before the season starts.

Much Appreciation,

Junkie

Sign in to follow this