Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Clearing the Air

same here i agree! as with the dancer thing imust have missed that thread.

Two thoughts...

1. This is exactly what is needed especially when implementing a huge change, an explanantion about why. Its not up for discussion but at least a curteous response.

2. I hope that just because i was an activist for the "other side" (communist regime originated with me!) I was only using it as springboard to bring out into the open a proper explanation. so dont be to aggravated with me, i like a good debate

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

4. I'm not sure what I think about this:

quote:
Yet, through all this...it's simply not enough for you. You then decide that it's fine to hide behind a computer screen, under an alias and once again rip into a decision made by the Magic because it doesn't work for YOU. Is this seriously what you have to do with your time?

It seems like degrading all 1800+ members is a bit off.

Yea I agree, I am not hiding thats for sure, if I dont like a move by the Magic I would walk into the office and tell them so, if they allowed me to, but sadly they dont so, I complain here, also my family dont care about the magic so I ***** my thoughts here.

The Brian Hill stuff drove me nuts! As much as I agreed with what guys were saying about Brian's coaching tactics the way he was berated on these boards drove me to defend him. I am likewise a coach and still do it. Then I got lumped into one of the few Brian Hill supporter's because I objected to the way guys on these boards humiliated him day after day.

I'm glad those days are gone and I'm really glad Rock made note of it. Especially all the insults to the guys intelligence.

I think this thread should be made a sticky. For a little while at least. Maybe the fact that Rock is talking about degrading others will slow some of that kind of posting down.

I never read the cheerleader stuff and based on what I'm reading here it's probably good I didn't.

I agree Balljunkie, people were actually talking baout hurting the guy. It got outta of control, complaining about how he coaches is one thing but they got out of control with hhim.

And there was no defending either, after a win if we said how he did a good job we were thrashed on left and right.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I agree Balljunkie, people were actually talking baout hurting the guy. It got outta of control, complaining about how he coaches is one thing but they got out of control with hhim.

And there was no defending either, after a win if we said how he did a good job we were thrashed on left and right.

Thanks for your honesty Rich. I have a lot of respect for you.

Whew...*slaps forehead*. I remember when I got suspended. Well, some of the things up there are things I don't agree about such as the cheerleaders....I mean....look at them....there alright but......

Nobody didn't think Brian Hill was a bad "Person", we thought he was a bad "coach"...and we held a passion of hatred so harsh that it would seem that we were implying hatred for both. (Although, I've seen different)

But come on, I barely post anymore. I know I'm one of the posters who thought I could do "anything" I wanted without "anyone" doing anything about it but I've changed! I've changed I Tell You!

And how about the Magic decisions in past decisions that we've continuously discussed in repetitions but you have to admit...we've all stand on our Managements decisions and we (The Fans) sometimes know what we are talking about (SmackDaddy, Nyce, Ball Junkie, Iboneteribell, Mr. Charisma, etc.)

But don't worry, I'm not here to disturb the peace although I have made better use of my time now but don't insult us..cause I don't want to turn into those other Orlando pedestrians says the team............well everybody probably knows what those people say.

Never did insult a mod but did start a mod poll out of nowhere but it wasn't to bash and degrade mods, it was just for a dull week on the board and they didn't see the harm in it.

Thats it RockChalk let it all out. Thats just the frustrations, concealed bitterness, and outrage you have to deal with when handling this Orlando Magic Forum but I understand.

*Checks his post 7 times just to make sure he hasn't written down anything to get him suspended*

First of all posting full articles is usually not allowed on most sites so I don't see the problem there.

Second, from what I understand you can summarize what's in paid subscription stuff like ESPN insider but you cannot copy and paste the article to another website.

Third, There is nothing unreasonable about what Rock wrote or what he's asking of, whoever decided to post a full article after it was made, is simply a moron for doing so and trying to push the envelope.

At the same time this website should not alienate it's fans because I know these websites make money off of all the hits they get and this website gets alot, although it was kind of interesting to hear about the 'partners' like at the sentinel? Where their crappy beat writer kept getting beat by Denton all summer? the same beat writer who would be covering magic games yet watching a football or baseball game while the team he's covering is actually playing?

You guys shouldn't do the sentinel any favors, because they certainly don't do any for this team.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

You aren't supposed to post the whole article in the thread dude!

I'm kidding!

Don't hurt me!

Now thats funny.....No but, serioully this guy is pissed. jaja....what does anybody, everywhere do in messeage boards? talk about the good the bad, but mostly the ugly (trash talking). Just like anything in LIFE "WHAT EVERYONE REMEMBERs MOST IS WHAT YOU DID BAD...NOT GOOD".

I understand that "the rock" is trying to prove a point, and I applaud him for that, but the comment "I got news for you. You're no better than the guy that joined the boards yesterday." Is not cool. It didn't hurt my feeling because I don't care. But "as a business" you want to keep your custormers happy but also keep them informed, of the policies that are in place, so to have a friendly enviornment. because without the fans coming to visit the sited you wouldn't really have a sucessfull site. there is always a better way to say what you mean.

But hey on a good note this is the first time I see in a messeage board, that this happens, and again I applaud the rock for keeping up with terms and rules of this site. Thank you

I said it before, and I will say it again that I looked at quite a few sites and boards before joining this one! This board was leaps and bounds ahead of most others in content, information and the overall approach of the moderators! I have a great apprecation for things done good taste and I do know it is to much to ask for all the time.....but I take my hat off to ya ROC...thanks for maintaining the order and good taste!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

You aren't supposed to post the whole article in the thread dude!

I'm kidding!

Don't hurt me!

Ok, that may be the best post since last season ended. Seriously!

Sign in to follow this