47 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want draft day 2013?

• Buke
    • Noel
    • Porter
    • McLemore
    • Oladipo
    • Another Player

Top 3 picks will likely be Noel, then Mclemore, then Burke. If Cleveland gets the third pick they would go elsewhere but top 2 is the top 2 for every team I believe.

I'd say New Orleans takes Otto Porter @ 1, can't see them drafting McLemore or NN

I'd say New Orleans takes Otto Porter @ 1, can't see them drafting McLemore or NN

Agreed, can't see them wanting to replace Vazquez with Burke, Gordon with McLemore, or Davis/Lopez for Noel. So a small forward like Porter or Bennett would make the most sense for them - that is, unless they go into free agency and pursue a guy like Josh Smith to add borderline all star, but no idea how their cap space stands.

if we did get BMac, I think he would do well in JV's offense. He has those reggie miller type screen plays the will free up BMac

I think Henny knows talent, and from what I learned with Bynum, doesn't grade highly guys who have a lot of question marks.

We all know Marcus Smart was our guy (which is still a blow like no other), and honestly, I STILL think Marcus Smart is our guy which is why we won't go after Trey Burke though he is the #1 PG and that is our highest long-term need.

Here's what I believe: if possible, we still draft BMac. Next year, depending on our placement (I think we draft somewhere in the 4-8 range), we will then draft Marcus Smart (as much as we want to hope for Randle/Wiggins).

Line-up of the future:

Smart

BMac

Harkless/Harris (we'll only be able to hold onto one - I would suspect Harris)

Bruiser PF (someone who is hard-nosed - traded for Harkless)

Vuc

• Upvote 1

I think Henny knows talent, and from what I learned with Bynum, doesn't grade highly guys who have a lot of question marks.

We all know Marcus Smart was our guy (which is still a blow like no other), and honestly, I STILL think Marcus Smart is our guy which is why we won't go after Trey Burke though he is the #1 PG and that is our highest long-term need.

Here's what I believe: if possible, we still draft BMac. Next year, depending on our placement (I think we draft somewhere in the 4-8 range), we will then draft Marcus Smart (as much as we want to hope for Randle/Wiggins).

Line-up of the future:

Smart

BMac

Harkless/Harris (we'll only be able to hold onto one - I would suspect Harris)

Bruiser PF (someone who is hard-nosed - traded for Harkless)

Vuc

In this scenario, we would keep baby so we dont need to trade harkless.

Smart

BMac

Harris

Baby (28yrs old, next year)

Vuc

Vary good balance of offense and defense.

In this scenario, we would keep baby so we dont need to trade harkless.

Smart

BMac

Harris

Baby (28yrs old, next year)

Vuc

Vary good balance of offense and defense.

That is a nice roster to contend for 7th-8th spot

It matters how well the young players develop. If bmac can become ray allen or smart can become Gary Payton/ Russell Westbrook than it will make us better faster. I think harris will take another step and be a go to scorer.

I disagree. Like it was said, a lot depends on player development. Does Vuc take the next step on defense? Can Harris become a go-to scrorer? I don't like Big Baby. I think he plays with intensity, but I just don't see him being the starting PF on a contender with his limited athleticism. He's a role player with the mentality of a #1/#2 scorer and therefore becomes a terrible chucker. If he could settle into taking a back seat by playing hard defense and providing 5-8 shots a game, I would maybe keep him.

Nonetheless, I think a team of Smart/BMac/Harris/PF/Vuc is incredibly balanced and you get everything you need for a contender:

- An intelligent, hard-nosed, match-up nightmare PG.

- An athletic SG who finishes strong, is above-average on defense, and have incredible range.

- A physical Go-To Scoring SF (though I would like to see him become a better facilitator)

- A bruiser PF/C who helps control the paint and hits open jumpers.

- A PF/C who has all the makings of a young Pau Gasol.

That's a pretty d*** good lineup if it develops as we hope.

I disagree. Like it was said, a lot depends on player development. Does Vuc take the next step on defense? Can Harris become a go-to scrorer? I don't like Big Baby. I think he plays with intensity, but I just don't see him being the starting PF on a contender with his limited athleticism. He's a role player with the mentality of a #1/#2 scorer and therefore becomes a terrible chucker. If he could settle into taking a back seat by playing hard defense and providing 5-8 shots a game, I would maybe keep him.

Nonetheless, I think a team of Smart/BMac/Harris/PF/Vuc is incredibly balanced and you get everything you need for a contender:

- An intelligent, hard-nosed, match-up nightmare PG.

- An athletic SG who finishes strong, is above-average on defense, and have incredible range.

- A physical Go-To Scoring SF (though I would like to see him become a better facilitator)

- A bruiser PF/C who helps control the paint and hits open jumpers.

- A PF/C who has all the makings of a young Pau Gasol.

That's a pretty d*** good lineup if it develops as we hope.

I think baby took shots because we had a bad team. we needed players to do more than they normally would on a more talented team. I don't think baby is a selfish player. He was a key player on a championship team. Baby knows how to win and what it takes to be good.

It matters how well the young players develop. If bmac can become ray allen or smart can become gary payton/ Michael Westbrook than it will make us better faster. I think harris will take another step and be a go to scorer.

Michael Westbrook? I assume you meant Russell, but Smart isn't anywhere near as quick so I don't see that happening. Smart does have a little Payton in him though and I think that's a relatively decent comparison and probably Smart's ceiling.

Michael Westbrook? I assume you meant Russell, but Smart isn't anywhere near as quick so I don't see that happening. Smart does have a little Payton in him though and I think that's a relatively decent comparison and probably Smart's ceiling.

I did mean russell. I think he is a combo between the two. Payton's defense and leadership, but not his passing. He has russell's aggression to the bucket and ability to get to the line but not his explosiveness.