Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Poetic Justice

The Lakers and Nets, the two teams that flexed the most arrogance and invincibility during Dwightmare, have just been KO'd in the playoffs. Dang, it feels good!!! As it's been written: "First pride, then the crash--the bigger the ego, the harder the fall." Boom!!!

And then you have the young, budding Magic of today... potential + hard work + hope. It feels good to be a Magic fan right now!!!

• Upvote 4

The Lakers and Nets, the two teams that flexed the most arrogance and invincibility during Dwightmare, have just been KO'd in the playoffs. Dang, it feels good!!! As it's been written: "First pride, then the crash--the bigger the ego, the harder the fall." Boom!!!

And then you have the young, budding Magic of today... potential + hard work + hope. It feels good to be a Magic fan right now!!!

I second this...a thousand times over!!!

Particularly pleasing to see the Nets fall last night, on their own court, to a severely depleted Bulls team. Almost as pleasing as seeing the Lakers get swept.

Although I definitely agree, must confess I had mixed feelings regarding the Nets loss ... not because I favored them in any way but, because I thought that if they made it pass the Bulls, that in itself would have been even more bitter for D Coward ... because they would have made it while he didn't; because they would've made it without him ... arrogant as he is, he's probably thinking right now "they would've made it if I would've been there" ... "I would've been the deliverer" ...

Although I definitely agree, must confess I had mixed feelings regarding the Nets loss ... not because I favored them in any way but, because I thought that if they made it pass the Bulls, that in itself would have been even more bitter for D Coward ... because they would have made it while he didn't; because they would've made it without him ... arrogant as he is, he's probably thinking right now "they would've made it if I would've been there" ... "I would've been the deliverer" ...

I think you're right, because he is stupid.

Yup - So good to see these two teams go down in flames. Too bad the Rockets didn't advance I was pulling for them as well (Parsons in particular).

I think you're right, because he is stupid.

although, all things considered, he was there with the Fakers and did nothing for them ... oh wait, he did do for them: he bailed out ...

Glad the Spurs and Bulls got past the Lakers and Nets. I wanted to see another Bulls/Heat series, should be interesting to see how competitive they can be against the Heat, and whether or not they can cause the upset of the play offs. And as for the Spurs, would be 'nice' to see them win another title.

Glad the Spurs and Bulls got past the Lakers and Nets. I wanted to see another Bulls/Heat series, should be interesting to see how competitive they can be against the Heat, and whether or not they can cause the upset of the play offs. And as for the Spurs, would be 'nice' to see them win another title.

Very glad to see the Bulls get by the Nets for the same reason. They are big and lengthy and that is a struggle for the Heat. I think Memphis and Indiana are the only ones with a real shot at beating Miami. Youth+Size+Depth. If Westbrook wasn't hurt, OKC would be the favorite of those 3 to beat Miami. I do like the Spurs too, but I don't know that they could beat Miami 4 out of 7 games.

I'll be rooting for the Grizzlies for the rest of the year.

You also left out...worst record in the league. For what its currently worth! Lets not pretend we dont have one heck of a long way to go to be relevant again.

You also left out...worst record in the league. For what its currently worth! Lets not pretend we dont have one heck of a long way to go to be relevant again.

True, but I think it's evident we won't be in the bottom for very long. Take a look at Phoenix- they also lost their star player to LA and were terrible this year. However they have long term money lined up for Michael Beasely (cancer), no real promising young players, coaching situation up in the air, one of the worst owners in the league, and our old friend Gortat was quoted towards the end of the season as being frustrated with the team as a whole for just giving up or something to that extent. Though I'm sure it will be a couple more seasons before we are prominent again, just be glad we're not in a situation like that.

Yes and that's a beautiful and intentional thing! Henny traded Howard primarily for young guns and cap space. Ditto with Redick. He could have chosen another way that netted fruitless wins. The next two summers are critical!