LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

PHX is lottery bound, but I like what they have...depth at every position but SF...and the most cap space outside of philly if I'm not mistaken and a tendency to be active traders. I don't know if they are a bottom 5 team-league wide, agreed about philly, boston, and Utah being bottom three. For some reason I never count on Utah being as bad as they appear on paper though. Same goes for Orlando this time around, I don't think we will be bottom 3 record-wise in other words.

PHX is lottery bound, but I like what they have...depth at every position but SF...and the most cap space outside of philly if I'm not mistaken and a tendency to be active traders. I don't know if they are a bottom 5 team-league wide, agreed about philly, boston, and Utah being bottom three. For some reason I never count on Utah being as bad as they appear on paper though. Same goes for Orlando this time around, I don't think we will be bottom 3 record-wise in other words.

Yeah, I think we'll have the 5th worst record overall.

Utah has Favors, Kanter and Burke but the Western Conference is loaded and those guys are still babies.

I don't really see much talent in Phoenix though, I think they'll be in the bottom 2 overall, along with Philadelphia.

Yeah, I think we'll have the 5th worst record overall.

Utah has Favors, Kanter and Burke but the Western Conference is loaded and those guys are still babies.

I don't really see much talent in Phoenix though, I think they'll be in the bottom 2 overall, along with Philadelphia.

Phoenix added bledseo and the Morris twins looked to improve some. They also drafted alex. They have the polish hammer and dragic.

They have more talent than last year and they had a 25-57 season. This earned them the 5th pick. Therefore, I think they are 5-8.

Phoenix added bledseo and the Morris twins looked to improve some. They also drafted alex. They have the polish hammer and dragic.

They have more talent than last year and they had a 25-57 season. This earned them the 5th piick. Therefore, I think they are 5-8.

A team like Phoenix needs to get worse before they get better, if I'm them I'd take the 5th pick this year, grab a decent prospect while trying to trade vets. Then in 2015, without Gortat etc, shoot for Jahlil Okafor. A frontcourt of Len and Okafor with a decent guard or wing from 2014 could build a dynasty.

Although honestly I can see them finishing bottom 3 this year also depending on certain circumstances.

We'll see what happens when it's all said and done but to me PHX is clearly bottom 2 in the West.

They also lost Scola, Jermaine O'neal and that Wesley something kid

With all laid bare, one player made it through the gauntlet with surprising success, gaining a confidence boost that should carry him through the season. The other encountered deep skepticism about his skills. In each case, it provided a good glimpse of what might lie ahead for the players in this coming college basketball season and at the next level.

From the opening (and free) paragraphs of an ESPN insider article (link) about Doug McDermott and Marcus Smart attending the Team USA minicamp. Can anybody with Insider reveal to us which had success and which encountered skepticism?

I like McDermott with our late 1st as a floor-spacing role player if he held his own and you have to doubt Smart if he got torched by guys like Kyrie when defense is his main selling point.

Btw, how is Wiggins' name not in the title of this thread?

:svgsad: you never read the first post. The thread started by speaking to the depth of the draft. Most people know about wiggins and parker, so the thread started by introducing the other players in 2014.

I think Boston and Philly are 30a and 30b next season and Phoenix will be no worse than they were last year.

Good grief, really? I'm referring to the sig obviously