LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I know this may be blasphemy, but with the roster constructed as it is, I don't see where Andrew Wiggins fits.

Smart, and Randle make more sense to me. Jabari Parker even would fit better given he has the size (and will have the experience at Duke) of also playing the 4

Assuming Hennigan is set with these players as the core going forward, after adding a 2014 lottery pick you have a lineup of:

PG: Lotto pick/Free agent

SG: Oladipo

SF: Harkless

PF: pick/FA

C: Vucevic

If the pick were Smart (or Harrison I guess) you would try to add a vet PF to round the team out. If you pick Randle you go get a PG to run the squad, John Wall being a pipe dream. With Jabari you would have a Lebron-Miami-style lineup with two SFs starting. I'm not sure Wiggins has the size to play the 4, nor do I think Harkless does.

This doesn't factor in our second 1st round pick, which I probably should given the presumed depth of the draftclass

If Wiggins is as good as everybody thinks/hopes then we'd make room for him to fit.

I know this may be blasphemy, but with the roster constructed as it is, I don't see where Andrew Wiggins fits.

Smart, and Randle make more sense to me. Jabari Parker even would fit better given he has the size (and will have the experience at Duke) of also playing the 4

Assuming Hennigan is set with these players as the core going forward, after adding a 2014 lottery pick you have a lineup of:

PG: Lotto pick/Free agent

SG: Oladipo

SF: Harkless

PF: pick/FA

C: Vucevic

If the pick were Smart (or Harrison I guess) you would try to add a vet PF to round the team out. If you pick Randle you go get a PG to run the squad, John Wall being a pipe dream. With Jabari you would have a Lebron-Miami-style lineup with two SFs starting. I'm not sure Wiggins has the size to play the 4, nor do I think Harkless does.

This doesn't factor in our second 1st round pick, which I probably should given the presumed depth of the draftclass

Harris is much better than harkless at this stage. Very good hybrid forward. He seems like our second best player; behind vooch.

I keep going back and forth on Exum coming out in 2014, now I've heard he's going to commit to Indiana for next year (not this coming year meaning he'd be a 2015 draft pick at the earliest) Regardless, I'd honestly love to get him.

Saw that interview earlier today. Hurts big time.

Nbadraft.net is a site run by people that dont even have any more scouting knowledge than I. The fact that Aaron Gordon is at 24 and Andrew Harrison is at 11 should tell you how ridiculous that mock is. You're listening to a site that once put Michael Jordan as Deshawn Stevens player comparison.

Draftexpress is a valuable sight because Jonathon Givony actually watches every player play multiple times from high school and skill camps right through to overseas players. He also gets the chance to discuss prospects with actual scouts and coaches also.

On a completeldifferent topic part of me wants us to miss out on Wiggins to get Jahlil Okafor the next year who was recently described by some long time NBA scout (per Woj) as the most skilled high school big man he's ever scouted. But I reckon I'm the only person who'd want to put up with a terrible season for a 3rd straight year.

Wiggins is a Jordan Rule kind of guy, imo. That is not to say he's Jordan himself, of course. Just that he's the kind of prospect that you don't draft Sam Bowie over, even if Bowie is a better fit for your roster.

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 49m

"I would like to say the Raptors, I want to play for them."- Andrew Wiggins on what team he wants to go to. Said after winning Gatorade POY

If the Raptors win the lotto this coming year there's definitely a conspiracy theory.

If the Raptors win the lotto this coming year there's definitely a conspiracy theory.

Personally i think it will be the Bobcats who get him. All becoz they are becoming the Hornets again.

Fresh start. Watch it happen! lool