LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I wouldn't consider 3 weeks, when the team had no chance of doing anything anyways, and not wanting to risk further injury to Grant Hill, as tanking.

But as I said, perhaps I have a different definition of what tanking is, which is pretty much an organization going into a season with the goal of the #1 pick, instead of the goal being improvement and hopefully playoffs.

You are arguing an incorrect definition.

Tanking is putting your team in a position to lose for your benefit. Teams do it for different reasons. They may do it for full seasons or a handful of games. They might do it to avoid a specific playoff matchup or to move from the 12th worst team to the 8th worst team in order to avoid sending a draft pick. It's all tanking.

That was me who posted it. I asked Nick does he think we will take Exum at 4 if he is there and he told me no because he hasn't played against any great competition and he believes we are taking a PF at 4 and a PG at 12. Everyone here laughed and said Nick didn't know Sh*t guess they were wrong lol

In fairness you said:

Take this for what it's worth

I was at islands of adventure today and I ran into Nick Anderson waiting for our kids to get off a ride so I struck up a conversation with him, I asked him who he's heard we were going to draft and he said he is not completely sure but I pressed him for an answer and told him I wouldn't tell anyone oops lol he told me that he believes 100% we are drafting a Power forward either Randle or Vonleh. I said what about Exum and he said the media is hyping him up but he doesn't believe the Magic think highly of him because he hasn't faced any great competition (I know we have been arguing this point on here whether or not the orginization cares about the competition he has played) well I guess they do.

Like I said take this for what it's worth but Nick Anderson is still employed with the Magic and I'm sure he has had more conversations with Henni and the front office staff than anyone on this board so don't be disappointed if we pass on Exum for a PF on draft night. For the record I am one of the biggest Exum's supporters and hope we draft him.

So there was at least some smoke-screening still going on, unless you had added the "Randle or Vonleh" part in based on your own assumptions.

You suck at this whole arguing thing, you know, with the pretentious attitude and twisting people's words into things they never said.

You are literally creating a new definition for an existing term, and then arguing that anyone who uses the term to mean what it actually means is wrong.

I'm trying to explain this to you in as many incredibly simple ways as I can think of, because it's really hard for me to believe that anyone could be THIS belligerent over their right to be so blatantly wrong.

It's like a teacher telling their student that they got the wrong answer on their Geography test, and the student refusing to accept that the capital of Texas isn't Houston.

In fairness you said:

So there was at least some smoke-screening still going on, unless you had added the "Randle or Vonleh" part in based on your own assumptions.

Well thank you inspector gadget lol. He did say Randle or Vonleh not sure if he was being specific or just giving an example.

I think "I hate tanking" and its variants is this year's "No homo"

Sometimes I imagine you dancing through a field of flowers, I hate tanking.

I wouldn't call what happened in '03-'04 "tanking", considering that we had absolutely no talent on that squad to win games anyways. That was just sucking.

And sure, it's a 6 year plan if you take everything incredibly literally and willfully miss the point of what I was trying to say, which is that to improve, you need to take steps and actually IMPROVE, not constantly tank for lottery picks.

Sucking, and getting a #1 pick, ala the '03-'04 season that led to Dwight Howard, is not the same as "tanking" to purposefully get the #1 pick, which is when fans actually root for the team to lose and get mad when we win.

Which is pretty much the mentality that leads me to not posting on here as often anymore.

They deliberately held McGrady out of the last 15 games of the season. I smell a little tanking in that decision.

Well thank you inspector gadget lol. He did say Randle or Vonleh not sure if he was being specific or just giving an example.

Ha ha ha, good stuff, lol! Thank you for setting us straight!

They deliberately held McGrady out of the last 15 games of the season. I smell a little tanking in that decision.

Sitting a disgruntled superstar who admitted himself that he "quit" that season, the last 15 games of a disastrous season (see: worst in franchise history)? Eh, I guess.

Saw some more Aaron Gordon videos and must say that his weaknesses are correctable.

1. Poor defensive rebounder - because he doesn't box out, easily fixable.

2. Leg strength - more squats.

3. Offensive game - seems to have good shooting form. Awkward shooting off the dribble. Lack of a soft touch. All correctable with drills.

4. Free Throws - needs a routine to establish consistency. From there is just confidence.