LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

The only player out of that 4 that I would be shocked to see drop to 4 is Wiggins. If only because he fits with every team.

I don't see any chance of anyone in front of us picking Exum unless some desperate team comes up to get him right before us. I prefer the Big 3 to Exum anyway, so I would be ok with it.

If Parker falls to 4 then we get one of Payton, LaVine or Ennis at 12 is my guess.

I'm thinking Gary Harris

Parker and Harris

Exum and young (with a dipo exum backcourt I think you can gamble on young's offensive potential)

Embiid and Ennis (with Embiid protecting the rim you can live with poor Ennis defense)

That's the issue though. A young 7 footer with back injuries is scary. Like potential we look back in 5 years and he's not in the NBA scary. That's drastic but it's a possibility. But no one knows for sure Parker and Wiggins go 1 and 2 or who bucks take at 3. Nothing is in cement at all. Bennett going 1 last year proves how little anyone ever knows.

I know I may be in the minority, but I like Randle a lot so I wouldn't be upset with him either and don't think he can be ruled out.

He's saying Embiid will be gone bro...and its an injury, not injuries. I'm not going to keep trying to sell this to you or anyone, but top 4 is all that mattered or ever mattered in my opinion. None of these guys are immediate impact players in terms of actually making a team an immediate playoff threat, unless you add Lebron to Cleveland with their annual #1 pick.

I'm thinking Gary Harris

Parker and Harris

Exum and young (with a dipo exum backcourt I think you can gamble on young's offensive potential)

Embiid and Ennis (with Embiid protecting the rim you can live with poor Ennis defense)

I want someone that can score at #12. I would be fine with Hood or McDermott.

I'm thinking Gary Harris

Parker and Harris

I've wanted Gary Harris for a year now. Pure shooter and good athlete. Something we do not have.

Does anybody know what first round pick Philly still owes to us?

2015 second round draft pick from L.A. Lakers

L.A. Lakers' 2015 2nd round pick to Orlando protected for selections 31-40 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then the L.A. Lakers' obligation to Orlando will be extinguished) [Denver-L.A. Lakers-Orlando-Philadelphia, 8/10/2012]

2017 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers

If at least two years after the L.A. Lakers conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix, then the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-5 in 2017 or 1-5 in 2018 or unprotected in 2019; if the L.A. Lakers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix by 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012 and then L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]

2017 first round draft pick from Philadelphia

Philadelphia's 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-11 in 2017 or 1-8 in 2018; if Philadelphia has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Orlando by 2018, then Philadelphia will instead convey its 2018 2nd round pick and 2019 2nd round pick to Orlando [Miami-Philadelphia, 6/28/2012 and then Denver-L.A. Lakers-Orlando-Philadelphia, 8/10/2012]

2015 second round draft pick from L.A. Lakers

L.A. Lakers' 2015 2nd round pick to Orlando protected for selections 31-40 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then the L.A. Lakers' obligation to Orlando will be extinguished) [Denver-L.A. Lakers-Orlando-Philadelphia, 8/10/2012]

2017 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers

If at least two years after the L.A. Lakers conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix, then the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-5 in 2017 or 1-5 in 2018 or unprotected in 2019; if the L.A. Lakers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix by 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012 and then L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]

2017 first round draft pick from Philadelphia

Philadelphia's 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-11 in 2017 or 1-8 in 2018; if Philadelphia has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Orlando by 2018, then Philadelphia will instead convey its 2018 2nd round pick and 2019 2nd round pick to Orlando [Miami-Philadelphia, 6/28/2012 and then Denver-L.A. Lakers-Orlando-Philadelphia, 8/10/2012]

Hopefully Kobe comes back so we can get the 2nd rounder next year. Fun to think that we could potentially have 3 first rounders in 2017. I doubt we will ever end up seeing a first from the Sixers. Those are some pretty weird terms.

So Embid and LaVine in 14? Kind of has a nice ring to it

I don't know about LaVine and its #12 so I guess we'll see. I just think it's important to understand that #4 is a great place to be in this particular draft, its a position that allows for movement in any direction in a draft with no consensus #1 and plenty of potential future all-star talent. Literally anything could happen with us drafting #4, to me it's the best spot for us (outside of #1) in the entire draft and I'm a pessimist.

I don't know about LaVine and its #12 so I guess we'll see. I just think it's important to understand that #4 is a great place to be in this particular draft, its a position that allows for movement in any direction in a draft with no consensus #1 and plenty of potential future all-star talent. Literally anything could happen with us drafting #4

I was saying like LaVine and Embid in 2014. Like a poltical campaign. I'm not that behind the curve here. And I agree, now that the emotions have cleared I'm okay with 4 we have no clue who will be there or not (minus Wiggins). So game on.

Why should it concern us, the fans? We will literally never have access to his medical records, so how could we be concerned? We have no means of knowing what is going on with his back. The team WILL know after extensively researching the situation, and that should be assurance enough. I feel pretty confident in saying that our front office is no longer the type to cut corners.

Assuming his back does check out, Embiid has phenomenal potential and is already pretty damn good. I'm having trouble understanding how people are rating him on a tier lower than Wiggins/Parker/Exum, but I assume much of it has to do with medical concerns and not his skill level.

Agreed. Without knowing his medical in full details as fans we have to judge by what we have seen in game and what we believe will or will not transfer to the next level. To me he is the better prospect than Wiggins and Parker. People saying this and that about Exum but don't know as much about his game as they do the college kids.