LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Gotta love the idea that drafting a worse player who'll stay around for his career is better than drafting a better player who you can get 9 years out of (rookie contract and then max in RFA assuming he's worth it).

If you could redo the 2004 draft, knowing what you know now, would you still draft Howard at #1?

Gotta love the idea that drafting a worse player who'll stay around for his career is better than drafting a better player who you can get 9 years out of (rookie contract and then max in RFA assuming he's worth it).

If you could redo the 2004 draft, knowing what you know now, would you still draft Howard at #1?

howard would have stayed if he had a better cast.

So I played the draft lottery on ESPN.com (we picked 2nd-Exum) and noticed it (and other draft sites) already show us at the #12 spot with a .7% chance of winning the lottery from that position. My question is, do we already own that spot and have the opportunity to move up, or would we forfeit the pick and wind up with Denver's #11 pick if we lucked into the top 3? It's a pretty huge difference although statistically still highly improbable.

So I played the draft lottery on ESPN.com (we picked 2nd-Exum) and noticed it (and other draft sites) already show us at the #12 spot with a .7% chance of winning the lottery from that position. My question is, do we already own that spot and have the opportunity to move up, or would we forfeit the pick and wind up with Denver's #11 pick if we lucked into the top 3? It's a pretty huge difference although statistically still very improbable.

I ended up with 5 and 12 and we took Smart and whatever the hell a Rodney Hood is. I like Smart but if we ended up with this I would cry.

So I played the draft lottery on ESPN.com (we picked 2nd-Exum) and noticed it (and other draft sites) already show us at the #12 spot with a .7% chance of winning the lottery from that position. My question is, do we already own that spot and have the opportunity to move up, or would we forfeit the pick and wind up with Denver's #11 pick if we lucked into the top 3? It's a pretty huge difference although statistically still highly improbable.

we get the worst of the two picks (knicks/denver), so if one goes into the top 3, we get the other pick.

Guys, what are your thoughts of McDermott? I love to have a great shooter on the team, and I think it would be great if Orlando picked him with their second pick.

Guys, what are your thoughts of McDermott? I love to have a great shooter on the team, and I think it would be great if Orlando picked him with their second pick.

He's got Adam Morrison v2 written all over him. I just don't think he'll transition well into the NBA.

He's got Adam Morrison v2 written all over him. I just don't think he'll transition well into the NBA.

Could be, but his basketball IQ is too high to be overlooked. That guy always finds a way to score.

Either way, he won't be as high pick as Morrison was...surely that's not that big of a gamble.

henni likes two way players. I do like his energy and scoring, but his defense will be missing ability.

I thought it was impossible for us to get #5. Pretty sure we're guaranteed a top 4 pick

Nvm. Only #1 is guaranteed a top 4. We're guaranteed a top 6 with 70% of top 4.