LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Problem is the top 4-5 players in this draft are not PG's, PF's, or C's (outside of Embiid). They are almost exclusively wing players and it would be foolish to draft based on need with the talent at the top of this draft. You have to draft the BPA and adjust your roster accordingly at this stage of a re-build, especially considering not one player on this team has elevated themselves enough to be considered untouchable.

I would say Oladipo has, but other than that spot on.

Problem is the top 4-5 players in this draft are not PG's, PF's, or C's (outside of Embiid). They are almost exclusively wing players.

Wiggins and Parker are the only wings that are guaranteed top 5. Outside of Embiid, you have Randle, Exum, Smart, Vonleh, Gordon at those positions.

Latest from Chad Ford:

The Magic want a point guard and will likely have three good options -- Exum,Marcus Smart and Tyler Ennis. However, none of them are in serious consideration for the No. 1 pick. But Exum is close, and I'm told he is No. 2 on Orlando's board; Wiggins is first and Parker is third. The Magic remain quite high on Smart as well and have him at No. 4.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10743461/tank-rank-bottom-teams-eyeing-draft

It's strange, I envisioned myself watching a ton of college basketball this season (or at least, more than before) due to the incoming freshman class but truthfully, I haven't seen ****. I am probably one of the worst candidates for scouting knowledge right now. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that Parker will be very good. Thankfully, I have no weight on our drafting decision this season.

It's strange, I envisioned myself watching a ton of college basketball this season (or at least, more than before) due to the incoming freshman class but truthfully, I haven't seen ****. I am probably one of the worst candidates for scouting knowledge right now. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that Parker will be very good. Thankfully, I have no weight on our drafting decision this season.

We still love you ;)

• Upvote 1

Thankfully, I have no weight on our drafting decision this season.

OH REALLY BRO YOU DON'T LOL WOWWWW BIG SURPRISE THIS IS MY SHOCKED FACE jk we're not shocked seriously