LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

With the way Denver and New York are playing, my dream of getting a combo of Wiggins/Parker and Smart/Ennis is alive and well.

We need to start some serious tanking again.....in serious jeopardy of moving out of the top 5.

I expect multiple minor injuries to hit our team again.

We need to start some serious tanking again.....in serious jeopardy of moving out of the top 5.

I understand that idea, but hate it. Injuries early on are part of what kept this team down. I am not saying they should have been playoff contenders this year, but I thought they would be a lot closer than they are. Plus, who would get these minor injuries? Vuch has miss a lot of games this year, likely wants to prove he can stay healthy for contract reasons. Harris is the same to a lesser extent. Victor O needs all the time on the court as possible. Maybe Nelson since he is a vet and his value trade and contract wise are close to set in stone. The others are all young and playing time is valuable and/or they would not make too much of a difference win wise if they missed time.

Besides staying in the top 5 is no guarantee of anything other that I suspect having to pay a higher salery. Trade value is there also i guess, but I just dont like the idea of trying to lose.

The one who needs to break a tooth is Vooch

We couldn't have asked any more out of the Denver/Knicks pick (Though it will be the Denver one we get).

We need to stay down though, there 5 teams only a couple of games back from us. The nuggets also have Lawson back now, so they could start to win a bit more. Though saying that I could also envision Detriot, Cleveland and New Orleans maybe rising above them (hopefully but unlikely), they are all within a couple of games of the Nuggets. Especially Detroit and Cleveland who are still in the playoff race.

So we could end up ranked 3rd - 8th and that nuggets pick 9th - 12th.

I personally reckon we will hold onto that 3rd tankrank (They will rest players and mothball anyone who is slightly injured).

I personally reckon the Nuggets pick will end up being the 11th in tankrank (Nuggets have no reason to stop competing, but same can be said about Detroit and Cleveland who are pushing for playoffs).

Chad Ford's newest mock draft has us taking Exum and Saric:

]3. Dante Exum[/b]

Analysis: The Magic are in the market for a point guard, and Exum would be the perfect complement to Victor Oladipo. Both players can handle either backcourt position and both bring great athletic ability to the table. If Exum can become a lights-out shooter, he has the chance to be a superstar.

12. Dario Saric

Analysis: Many scouts think that Saric is one of the best talents in this draft. But his mercurial personality and questions about whether he'll really come to the NBA have hurt his draft stock a bit. Regardless, few players his size see the floor as well as he does.

http://insider.espn....4-mock-draft-30

Has there been any new samples for Exum? Seems like we are still operating off summer/fall info for him....

Nope, he graduated in December and since then he's hired an agent and flown to LA in preparation for the draft stuff, most "news" recently has been interview based since he's in a more accessible location now.