LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I've been out of the loop for most of the year. How is it we could get two top ten picks?

As part of the Dwight trade, we get the worst of Denver's two picks this year: one of them is their own, the other is NY's. As of right now, it looks like both those teams would miss the playoffs, and if both those picks end in the lottery, we get whichever one ends up worse.

As part of the Dwight trade, we get the worst of Denver's two picks this year: one of them is their own, the other is NY's. As of right now, it looks like both those teams would miss the playoffs, and if both those picks end in the lottery, we get whichever one ends up worse.

I thought the picks were all highly protected. That trade is looking better and better.

I thought the picks were all highly protected. That trade is looking better and better.

That's the Lakers picks that are highly protected (1st and 2nd rounders). Stern probably made the Magic include those protections because he would never want the Lakers to give up anything of value...after all they are the Lakers. As far as Im concerned there is NO WAY the Lakers should have had any protection considering what they gave up (nothing...since they knew Bynum was whatever version of damaged goods you want to talk about). I know D12 had Henny bent over the barrel but there should have been no protection at all.

WHo knows maybe Stern promised the Magic a ping pong ball in the draft like Cleveland. NBA=WWE.

That's the Lakers picks that are highly protected (1st and 2nd rounders). Stern probably made the Magic include those protections because he would never want the Lakers to give up anything of value...after all they are the Lakers. As far as Im concerned there is NO WAY the Lakers should have had any protection considering what they gave up (nothing...since they knew Bynum was whatever version of damaged goods you want to talk about). I know D12 had Henny bent over the barrel but there should have been no protection at all.

WHo knows maybe Stern promised the Magic a ping pong ball in the draft like Cleveland. NBA=WWE.

Only wrestling is real

The Lakers pick is top 5 protected... the 2nd round pick is top 40 protected but I ask you... Who actually cares? It's a 2nd round pick, most of them don't even make their rosters.

The conspiracy theories are getting old.

The Lakers pick is top 5 protected... the 2nd round pick is top 40 protected but I ask you... Who actually cares? It's a 2nd round pick, most of them don't even make their rosters.

The conspiracy theories are getting old.

so if the lakers are bottom 5 its ours? or theres?

No, in 2017, if the Lakers are outside the top 5 picks of the draft we get their pick.

not anygood then lol

well by 2017 lets hope we are back where we belong