LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

After Wiggins and Parker there is still Aaron Gordan, Randle, Smart, Harrison Twins, James Young, Mario Hezonja, Kasey Hill, Nah Vonleh and a host of other players that can have a major impact.

ORL big board draft day 1pm (IMO)

1) Wiggins

2) Exum

3) Parker

4) Vonleh

5) Smart

6) Embiid

7) Randle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSadteflk9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0E5D7R1_dg&feature=youtu.be

Sample Line up:

Nick

OQuinn

Harris/Harkless

AA/ Vic

Nelson Exum/Harrison/Smart

What are your thoughts?

Tank on baby... tank on....

not more athletic than Griffin, also shorter and less developed offensive game (goes without saying sine gordon is still in high school)

I like Gordon. I especially like how he has the Blake Griffin mentality of "dunk on everyone and only ever dunk". However, what position is he? You have him listed as a PF, but he is going to play SF in college (according to him)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=cXMbJi1fobg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DcXMbJi1fobg

Aaron Vs Blake

not more athletic than Griffin, also shorter and less developed offensive game (goes without saying sine gordon is still in high school)

I like Gordon. I especially like how he has the Blake Griffin mentality of "dunk on everyone and only ever dunk". However, what position is he? You have him listed as a PF, but he is going to play SF in college (according to him)

Gordon looks like high school Blake from those ads where he comes from the future

Blake and Aaron have almost identical measurements aside from Blake being an inch (in shoes) taller and weighing a lot more (weight isn't an issue, all guys will build up their weight as pro's) So the real question is... Why does Aaron want to play the 3 in college? He's a good shot blocker and rebounder and has elite athleticism which makes up for his less than elite wingspan and height, if Blake is an NBA 4 I don't understand why Aaron thinks he's an NBA 3.

Interestingly enough during my search I noticed the 2014 mock draft order on draftexpress and was very surprised:

1. Wiggins

2. Randle

3. Gordon

4. Smart

5. Parker

6. Andrew Harrison

7. Mario Hezonja

Blake and Aaron have almost identical measurements aside from Blake being an inch (in shoes) taller and weighing a lot more (weight isn't an issue, all guys will build up their weight as pro's) So the real question is... Why does Aaron want to play the 3 in college? He's a good shot blocker and rebounder and has elite athleticism which makes up for his less than elite wingspan and height, if Blake is an NBA 4 I don't understand why Aaron thinks he's an NBA 3.

Blake isn't a great NBA PF, and it seems Gordan is smaller (I've read Griffin weighs 250 pounds while Gordan weighs 210 pounds!). Blake's a good player but is a tweener. ZBo abused him this whole series, and I'm sure players like KG and Bosh would do the same.

Putting Gordan and Vooch down low, we'd be able to stop nobody.

Aaron Gordon | F | Arizona

Gordon might be the second-best athlete in this class, behind Wiggins. He flies up and down the floor, explodes at the rim and excels in transition. But he's a bit of a tweener right now. He lacks elite size at the power forward position and doesn't have a jump shot or ballhandling skills yet to play small forward. But few players combine the athletic skills he possesses with the motor he displays. He had a quiet night at the Hoop Summit but was the MVP of the McDonald's game with 24 points and eight rebounds. Many compare him to a young Blake Griffin. Gordon, too, looks like a potential top-10 pick.

http://insider.espn....draft-prospects

Blake isn't a great NBA PF, and it seems Gordan is smaller (I've read Griffin weighs 250 pounds while Gordan weighs 210 pounds!). Blake's a good player but is a tweener. ZBo abused him this whole series, and I'm sure players like KG and Bosh would do the same.

Putting Gordan and Vooch down low, we'd be able to stop nobody.

That is a good point. Moving to the 3 is essentially making himself less of a defensive liability. Regardless of position he's a very good looking prospect, he's mature, intelligent, fundamentally sound and his motor is as outstanding as his athleticism.

Harris can play pf if needed. There is also randle. The major things is that we have a lot of options if parker or wiggins are gone.

Harris can play pf if needed. There is also randle. The major things is that we have a lot of options if parker or wiggins are gone.

As I pointed out in my post up above, draftexpress don't even consider Jabari Parker to be the #2 pick anymore. A lot of people will dismiss this because it's just a website but in my estimation draftexpress are the best source of knowledge on scouting on the web (nbadraft.net sucks). They have already watched most players numerous times by the time the draft comes around and only rarely do I disagree with them on their scouting reports. It's possible that we could get the 3rd pick next year and get Jabari but I suppose a lot still depends on the next college season.

Jabari is already a polished basketball player. While he may not have some of the freak measurables or athleticism, he can hoop and plays beyond his years. If there is ever a sure thing in the draft, it's that young man. I'd take him over any player in next years draft short of Wiggins or Smart.