Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

What's the deal ?

I wanted to open the same thread yesterday or so...

when we lose everybody is bashing our team, the coach, the management,... but after a win, suddenly everything's fine again.

but what's the truth? ok, congrats for yesterdays win but that's still not the team i want it to be - a dynasty. and i'm pretty sure that we will never become a championship team with "coach" bhill, starting PG jameer nelson or SG grant hill. we still have to change something but we're on the right way...

I think what you are referring to are all of the firebrianhill noise that you don't hear as loudly when we winn.

If it will make you happy JD, I don't think the game was won due to superior coaching, we won because of superior effort from our boys! We ran them out of the gym, like we should have run against the Kings, and for that matter all season.That is our strength, it cancels out the youthful mistakes that a young group will make and gives them the advantage, when they can score.This team can score and should have never been locked into that princeton, (PRISON LIKE) offense. I will also admit that it (the win) is bittersweet for that same reason. I did cheer our guys, as always, but I credit the team, and that fact that they showed some resemblence of pride! Good win...Go Magic!!!

Agree with Jack or not here's the facts.

When we lose after each game there's threads popping up all over like firecrackers. Mostly negative.

When we win it's the opposite. Last night was almost eerily quiet on the boards after a resounding win against a top notch opponent.

To be honest the reason I don't get excited when we win at the moment is because I know we will just go and get beat the next game by a weaker team, there is no consistency at the moment and until we start winning regularly this wont change.

I am taking nothing away from the guys but once again, if Hedo was on an off night like he has been on and off all season we would have been beaten, we have no players outside of Dwight that are consistent.

JJ needs to have a shot at starting IMO, Grant is done!

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

When we lose everybody and their mother comes out on the forums Bit**ing and complaining...

But when we win it's like QUIET...

What's the deal ???

Are we MAGIC FANS or a bunch of CRY-BABIES.

All I know is I BELIEVE in our MAGIC...

No matter what .

And to have an attitude about our team ain't right ...

And to you that have that attitude ...GO TO HELL...

Sorry ...but you piss me off...JD

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

I also noticed the same quiet during the day leading up to the game as well!!

I also think most of the traffic (postings) will probably happen this afternoon, it is Monday, back to school and for me back to work!

Let me also take the time to say that there has been a lot of negative postings, some of them my own critical position as to the state of our team. That stems from the passion that I have for this "MY TEAM" and my expectations for them! If it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, don't expect me to say it looks like a turkey!! As subjective as this board is and this environment is, it is bottom line subjective and nothing defining has been or ever will be expressed here seperate of our opinions!! Some times we need to keep that in mind, and remain grounded!! Go Magic!!!!

Quote by: JD

quote:
When we lose everybody and their mother comes out on the forums Bit**ing and complaining...

Quote by Ball Junkie:

quote:

When we lose after each game there's threads popping up all over like firecrackers. Mostly negative.

When we win it's the opposite. Last night was almost eerily quiet on the boards after a resounding win against a top notch opponent.

Well said... JD and Ball Junkie! I don't understand these so called fans. I don't do much posting, however, I do follow the comments on this board before, during, and after each game. If you are a "True" magic fan (and you are posting comments), you should light up this board as much when we win as you do when lose.

I am a retiree (female), and I have been a magic fan since its inception. I get just as excited if the Magic win one out of 20 games. And for gosh sake, don't complain about the Turk anymore...I am a fan of Turk. I never gave up on him. Did you notice that he was a key piece of the puzzle last night. Remember, he left the game early Saturday night.

Shame on you! I call it hypocritical!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Whoa! Where is the context here? When we were playing at least .500 ball there was a lot more positivity. But may I remind the OP that in the past 2+ months we've gone something like 9-23? To remain upbeat and saying "I believe" and that everything is hunkey dorey under those circumstances is to willfully ignore the truth. And by doing that we will never see improvement.

I'm not ready to celebrate that we've gone 2-1 in the last three games after the horrible stretch I mentioned above. I still perceive some of the same shortcomings in coaching that IMO led to our becoming a bad team. However, in some ways Hill is using his players more intelligently, such as finally giving Redick a decent chance. So if we continue to do well, I'll be less critical, but I'm not there yet.

JJZ,

Read JD's post again!

quote:

I don't want to put words in JD's mouth (writing); however, what he said was, "but when we win it's QUITE...). I had to read it again, and what I now understand that he is saying is that people weren't posting after a win...POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE. He is not saying that you had to be all giggly...but some of the regulars and non-regualars on this board had nothing to say (good or bad). In much the same way you responded to JD's post. See your response below:

Quote by JJZ:

quote:
I'm not ready to celebrate that we've gone 2-1 in the last three games after the horrible stretch I mentioned above. I still perceive some of the same shortcomings in coaching that IMO led to our becoming a bad team.

I think this is what JD was looking for--COMMENTS!

TrueMagicFan

Hey, I'm still mad as Kcuf. They cost themselves the game last night because Brian must have been trying to lose by placing Keyon, Jonathan, and Ariza in at the 5 minute point in the 4th.

They have 30 games to make up before I can actually forgive them.

quote:
Well said... JD and Ball Junkie! I don't understand these so called fans. I don't do much posting, however, I do follow the comments on this board before, during, and after each game. If you are a "True" magic fan (and you are posting comments), you should light up this board as much when we win as you do when lose.

Another thread about how one set of fans are "real" fans and the others aren't. When are we going to realize that anyone who is a magic fan now is a die hard Capital Letters F-A-N. You don't complain, barf watching games and come up with suggestions for a team thats played like this one has unless you have the love.

Quit it. Its illogical. When people want to celebrate they find other people not computer keyboards. Posting before bed time on a game night is no acid test for who a "real" fan is and telling people to go to hell is no positive passion. Just rudeness to magic fans.

Well, it is simple we lose more then we win, and when we lose it seems it is right after we have the game in check or we get our asses whooped....

Now I am happy about this win, but still facts are facts, we are 31-37 and havent won 2 games in a row since Jan.18.

And whenever we all come on here spouting our optimism, as it was after we beat the Jazz, we go and lay an egg against the Kings.

So honestly u should go baq and see how excited this board was after we beat the Jazz, see how excited we all were, hell go baq and read all the optimism in posts prior to the second half on the King game.

It is just that when we all get excited and throw post of how we will make the playoffs, it turns out that they lose the next game.

So I give it a victory against Toronto to prove that this team is serious about a playoff push, if they can beat Toronto then maybe I can stop being such a pessamist.

But u need to win at least two in a row before I start throwing optimism around, I am happy hell yea, but right now win one lose one will get us no where but a 36 win season.

I want to see this team show HEART and show us that they want the playoffs as bad as we do.