Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

The official UCF thread...

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Here's the scary part...that actually could be me in about 20 years.

Oh man...I was so dizzy.

Attention everyone...don't forget, I have two tickets for sale to the UCF vs. Memphis game. Please let me know if you are interested.

Would you accept a dvd/vcr combo for a pair of tickets?

If a BlueRay version of "300" was located in the dvd slot, and a VHS tape of "Best Breasts of the West Part VIII" was located in the VCR slot, then me might could talk.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

Oh man...I was so dizzy.

Attention everyone...don't forget, I have two tickets for sale to the UCF vs. Memphis game. Please let me know if you are interested.

Would you accept a dvd/vcr combo for a pair of tickets?

If a BlueRay version of "300" was located in the dvd slot, and a VHS tape of "Best Breasts of the West Part VIII" was located in the VCR slot, then me might could talk.

Man, it's just a samsung dvd/vcr combo. I could put a burned version of "The Sweetest Thing" starring Camerion Diaz in the dvd slot, and basically my version of "Boner Jams" circa 1999 taped from the Hot Network? I'll even include Crash Bandicoot for PS1, and a Tracy McGrady rubber duckie.

Edit: 31778398-2-200-0.gif

quote:

Oh man...I was so dizzy.

I have a friend who is looking for a ticket... I'll get back to you sometime this evening and let you know.

Here is an entry on Bianchi's new blog. I'm usually not a big fan of his, but I like his mention of where UCF stands in the State of Florida.

I personally think this is all bogus until we can get multiple quality BCS wins, not to mention win our own conference. But still, the discussion is nice.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2007/09/is-ucf-second-b.html

O'Leary calls out UCF fans:

"There is no question when this place is rocking, it's a home field advantage. The noise did affect Texas, but we need to have that every week. I will be more disappointed if we do not fill this place up. I think that is what the whole purpose is that there is not one bullet in gun. We shot the bullet now and we are just reloading. I think that is what I would be concerned about. The student body did a great job as far as getting behind the team. They did not even leave with the lightning going on. They really need to be like that every game. Most student bodies are able to control the tempo of the stadium."

And youre trying to sell your tickets Live or Die?!?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

"There is no question when this place is rocking, it's a home field advantage. The noise did affect Texas, but we need to have that every week. I will be more disappointed if we do not fill this place up. I think that is what the whole purpose is that there is not one bullet in gun. We shot the bullet now and we are just reloading. I think that is what I would be concerned about. The student body did a great job as far as getting behind the team. They did not even leave with the lightning going on. They really need to be like that every game. Most student bodies are able to control the tempo of the stadium."

Check yourself!!

I'm going. I have 4 tickets. I need to sell two of them.

quote:

quote:

Check yourself!!

I'm going. I have 4 tickets. I need to sell two of them.

Haha... Thats more like it! They re-opened the student lottery for the Memphis game so my friend doesn't need a ticket anymore...

quote:

Haha... Thats more like it! They re-opened the student lottery for the Memphis game so my friend doesn't need a ticket anymore...

Bummer. If I can't move them before Saturday, I may just take them with me and see what I can get for them at the stadium. I thought it would be easier to find takers.

Team prepares for Memphis offense

Kyle Hightower

Sentinel Staff Writer

September 20, 2007

Last week, the UCF defense faced the challenge of Texas' seemingly never-ending well of skill-position athletes. This week against Memphis, the Knights must deal with the unpredictability of Coach Tommy West's offense.

Under West, the Tigers have made a living confusing defenses with spread formations and gadget plays. It's why Knights' defensive coordinator John Skladany said he is more nervous about this week. "It just seems like so much more is riding on every week now," Skladany said. "This week is very big for us. So we're very excited. Everybody knows what kind of battle we're in for and people are going to be playing lights out for both teams, I think."

Skladany said West's offense still has plenty of weapons, even with RB DeAngelo Williams now in the NFL and a number of injuries to disrupt the lineup.

"They really spread the field and they've got some big, tall receivers and running backs. And they're real explosive," Skladany said. "So we've really got to be where we're supposed to be. They also run a lot of motions, so we're going to have to adjust to that quickly."

Ticket sales top 41K

Ticket sales for the Memphis game have gone over 41,000 thanks to a jump in student sales, UCF officials said Wednesday.

Sales on Ticketmaster.com have been over 1,000 tickets since Monday and student tickets Wednesday morning were at 8,200. Combined with student season-ticket sales and the Marching Knights, students' sales are now over 12,000, meaning the lottery system goes into effect.

'Lunch with George'

The first "Lunch with George O'Leary" of the 2007 season will be held at noon Friday in the new recruiting lounge behind the south end zone at Bright House Networks Stadium.

Lunch will be provided for the first 200 fans in attendance. Those attending the lunch are being asked to park in lots E6 and E7, located just east of the practice fields. Fans may enter the recruiting lounge next to Gate 16.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-ucfbeat20sep20,0,3364147.story

quote:

Ticket sales for the Memphis game have gone over 41,000 thanks to a jump in student sales, UCF officials said Wednesday.

Sales on Ticketmaster.com have been over 1,000 tickets since Monday and student tickets Wednesday morning were at 8,200. Combined with student season-ticket sales and the Marching Knights, students' sales are now over 12,000, meaning the lottery system goes into effect.

This makes me proud of the student body. When I was an undergrad, I missed maybe two games in 4 years. But for the last few years in the Citrus Bowl, the student body turnout was disappointing. The whole reason to get on campus is to take advantage of the huge UCF student body. The undergraduates alone could fill the stadium each game.

I know we may not sell out each game, but we should be hitting 40k each time. Great job guys.

quote:
This makes me proud of the student body. When I was an undergrad, I missed maybe two games in 4 years. But for the last few years in the Citrus Bowl, the student body turnout was disappointing. The whole reason to get on campus is to take advantage of the huge UCF student body. The undergraduates alone could fill the stadium each game.

I know we may not sell out each game, but we should be hitting 40k each time. Great job guys.

I was watching UCF Sports Today with O'Leary last night and he completely called out the student body... First, he congratulated them for the great job the did against Texas, but challenged them to show up this weekend... And every weekend.

We still have a ton of work to do. For example, I know someone who got a ticket to the Texas game through the student lottery but didn't go because the UF game was on at the same time.... And I'm sure there were more than one of those guys. Unacceptable.

quote:

We still have a ton of work to do. For example, I know someone who got a ticket to the Texas game through the student lottery but didn't go because the UF game was on at the same time.... And I'm sure there were more than one of those guys. Unacceptable.

I have many reasons for disliking the Gators, but you touched on one of my biggest problems with Gator fans. During my time at UCF, I can't tell you how many UCF students I knew who would blow off a UCF game because it conflicted with a Gator game.

Even now, some of my friends who are Gator fans (but UCF alumni) will not attend certain UCF games because they conflict with UF.

I remember being able to count more Gator shirts on campus than UCF shirts.

At the Texas game on Saturday, a guy wearing a Gator shirt and hat sat down in front of me. I made a comment to him and his response was: "I may be wearing this, but I am here."

I told him he had a d@mn good point. I wish there were more like him.