Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

The official UCF thread...

This thread alone displays how miserable this season has been so far...

it's been a week since the last post here.

Last year, we wouldn't go an hour without a post.

I wonder if 24k would've stayed how we would be sitting right now...

thoughts on that?

Having Kevin Smith this season would have altered the way that opposing defenses prepare for us and play us.

It likely would have meant a victory at home over USF.

However, there were so many other problems in the road losses to BC and UTEP, that I can't honestly say that 24K alone would have made the difference in those lopsided scores.

Still, sitting at 3-2 with a win over USF would look pretty frickin awesome right now!

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

This thread alone displays how miserable this season has been so far...

it's been a week since the last post here.

Last year, we wouldn't go an hour without a post.

I wonder if 24k would've stayed how we would be sitting right now...

thoughts on that?

I'm sure that he's thinking that if he had stayed, at least HE wouldn't be sitting in the locker room of the worst franchise in professional sports.

This season is a real hit on O'Leary, in my mind. If it hadn't been for Smith, O'Leary would be staring down at least a 3-year streak of losing records.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in the impact that O'Leary has had since he's been here.

And if you are going to be an anal-retentive, stuck-in-the-mud old man, you better win.

I think we win the USF game, that's it, so 3-2. We played sooooo bad against UTEP we could have had Dante, Mike Walker, Branden Marshall and Kevin Smith and still lost by 21.

I'm on the fence about GOL. For one thing, he cleaned up this team from what was a pretty shady group of characters to a team GPA just over 3.0. That must be commended. He also got us to two bowl games which is two more then before.

I think people look over at USF and think that we should have moved up in the ranks that fast. Truth is USF is an outlier.

On the other hand, while the quality of athlete has improved we seem to be prone to stupid mistakes and at times ineptitude on both sides of the ball. That points to poor coaching. This year is free for him no matter what happens. If we end up anything worse then 7-5 he should be on an extremely hot seat next year.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

I'm on the fence about GOL. For one thing, he cleaned up this team from what was a pretty shady group of characters to a team GPA just over 3.0. That must be commended. He also got us to two bowl games which is two more then before.

I think people look over at USF and think that we should have moved up in the ranks that fast. Truth is USF is an outlier.

On the other hand, while the quality of athlete has improved we seem to be prone to stupid mistakes and at times ineptitude on both sides of the ball. That points to poor coaching. This year is free for him no matter what happens. If we end up anything worse then 7-5 he should be on an extremely hot seat next year.

I dont like GOL. I'm not sure who calls the plays, if its him i think he should be fired.

I'm sorry, but that was one of the more improbable victories I have EVER seen.

Not "EVER" as in UCF history, but "EVER" as in EVER.

UCF never looked or felt like they were in this game. It felt like such a one-sided contest.

Then, BOOM. UCF wins. Absolute craziness.

Anyone go to the game?

quote:

UCF never looked or felt like they were in this game. It felt like such a one-sided contest.

Anyone go to the game?

I was there, literally staring at the field in shock at what I just saw.

quote:

Anyone go to the game?

I watched the 4th quarter. That was funny.

hodges inaccurate. Marshall collapsed. no running game.

Its always entertaining watching UCF games. They're so terribly coached but end up having pretty good seasons every other year. clock was mismanaged badly in 4th.